The Writing of the Heart

  • brunnenvchr
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 18, 2008
      The first book of the Brunnen von Christus Group, titled "The Writing
      of the Heart: On the Path of Imagination, Inspiration and Intuition,"
      will appear online in March and this will be announced again.
      Additions will be made to the online book from time to time, and the
      final book will be published in paperback edition. There are seven
      contributors to date and the book is edited by Martha Keltz and Paul
      Ntoumos. Below is the Table of Contents.

      CONTENTS

      1. Preface, The Brunnen von Christus Group

      2. Imagination, Inspiration and Intuition Defined

      3. The Exchange of Spiritual Content, with Comments

      a.) Imaginations and Inspirations
      b.) Spiritual Experience in Physical Life, Everyday Life
      c.) Personal Elements
      d.) Intuitions; Experiences of the Being Who Was Rudolf Steiner

      4. Other Major Topics of the Forum with Concluding Remarks

      a.) Mechanical Occultism and New Energy
      b.) Past Lives, "The Monk of Tintern Abbey," The Akasha Record
      c.) The Symbolism and Meaning of the Lion
      d.) Tree of Knowledge, Tree of Life

      5. Additional Topics

      a.) Maitreya Bodhisattva/Buddha Mysteries
      b.) Manes
      c.) Perspectives on Art, by Mark Haberstroh
      d.) The Incarnation of Ahriman

      6. Literary Contributions

      a.) Vector Force, by Mark Haberstroh
      b.) A Monk's Heart, by Mark Haberstroh
      c.) The Lion of the Sun (Fully Revised), by Richard A. Distasi
      d.) From "A Twentieth Century Trilogy" and "Southwest Journey," by
      Martha Keltz

      7. References

      * * *

      URL References:

      http://www.geocities.com/brunnenvchr/
      http://www.geocities.com/steinerreturns/
      http://www.studioeditions.com/
      http://www.studioeditions.com/southwest.html

      Also see (available on the RS Archives):

      "On the Meaning of Life," Lecture Two, Rudolf Steiner, 1912
      "Macrocosm and Microcosm, The Thinking of the Heart," Lecture Nine,
      Rudolf Steiner, 1910
    • Stephen Hale
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 18, 2008
        What's sad Martha, for me at least, is that I didn't get to write my
        chapter to the book. It would have concerned the Kyrios Initiation,
        which is a very real matter, although few will realize it in this
        life. And the reason is that spiritual science wasn't available to
        them as it should have been. If it had been, then the Kyrios
        Initiation would be quite a viable thing. It still is;
        conceptually, at least.

        Good Luck,

        Steve

        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "brunnenvchr"
        <brunnenvchr@...> wrote:

        > The first book of the Brunnen von Christus Group, titled "The
        Writing
        > of the Heart: On the Path of Imagination, Inspiration and
        Intuition,"
        > will appear online in March and this will be announced again.
        > Additions will be made to the online book from time to time, and
        the
        > final book will be published in paperback edition. There are seven
        > contributors to date and the book is edited by Martha Keltz and
        Paul
        > Ntoumos. Below is the Table of Contents.
        >
        > CONTENTS
        >
        > 1. Preface, The Brunnen von Christus Group
        >
        > 2. Imagination, Inspiration and Intuition Defined
        >
        > 3. The Exchange of Spiritual Content, with Comments
        >
        > a.) Imaginations and Inspirations
        > b.) Spiritual Experience in Physical Life, Everyday Life
        > c.) Personal Elements
        > d.) Intuitions; Experiences of the Being Who Was Rudolf Steiner
        >
        > 4. Other Major Topics of the Forum with Concluding Remarks
        >
        > a.) Mechanical Occultism and New Energy
        > b.) Past Lives, "The Monk of Tintern Abbey," The Akasha Record
        > c.) The Symbolism and Meaning of the Lion
        > d.) Tree of Knowledge, Tree of Life
        >
        > 5. Additional Topics
        >
        > a.) Maitreya Bodhisattva/Buddha Mysteries
        > b.) Manes
        > c.) Perspectives on Art, by Mark Haberstroh
        > d.) The Incarnation of Ahriman
        >
        > 6. Literary Contributions
        >
        > a.) Vector Force, by Mark Haberstroh
        > b.) A Monk's Heart, by Mark Haberstroh
        > c.) The Lion of the Sun (Fully Revised), by Richard A. Distasi
        > d.) From "A Twentieth Century Trilogy" and "Southwest Journey," by
        > Martha Keltz
        >
        > 7. References
        >
        > * * *
        >
        > URL References:
        >
        > http://www.geocities.com/brunnenvchr/
        > http://www.geocities.com/steinerreturns/
        > http://www.studioeditions.com/
        > http://www.studioeditions.com/southwest.html
        >
        > Also see (available on the RS Archives):
        >
        > "On the Meaning of Life," Lecture Two, Rudolf Steiner, 1912
        > "Macrocosm and Microcosm, The Thinking of the Heart," Lecture
        Nine,
        > Rudolf Steiner, 1910

      • brunnenvchr
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 20, 2008
          Greetings for Eastertide.

          We are pleased to announce that the first book of the Brunnen von
          Christus Group is now fully available online. There are 12 contributors.

          "The Writing of the Heart: On the Path of Imagination, Inspiration and
          Intuition" can be read at --

          http://brunnenvchr.org/

          Martha Keltz
          For the Brunnen von Christus Group
        • Nina
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 4, 2008
            --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "brunnenvchr" <brunnenvchr@..
            > We are pleased to announce that the first book of the Brunnen von
            > Christus Group is now fully available online. There are 12
            contributors. "The Writing of the Heart: On the Path of Imagination,
            Inspiration and Intuition" can be read at -- http://brunnenvchr.org/
            > Martha Keltz
            > For the Brunnen von Christus Group

            Dear Martha and Brunnen von Christus Group,
            Thanks so much for your online book to read. Find it especially
            valuable to hear firsthand experiences. Also, I was happy to see the
            following given about Cayce and will look forward to anything further
            you write, about him, or any topic, in the future. NINA

            A Monk's Heart may have significant elements of literal truth. The
            narrator has memory of a great Christian teacher, the material
            deprivations of a monk's life with subsequent rich spiritual treasures
            gained, yet above all there is in this memory the Presence of Christ.
            It may be possible to remember, through Grace, when or how a
            relationship with Christ was established in a past life. As will be
            noted in the section on the Akasha Record, only Christ, as Lord of
            Karma, can reveal a past life. Christ then is the Intuitive source of
            true past life memory, or the "I AM," especially insofar as it has
            accumulated the immortal elements to itself, Manas, Buddhi and Atma,
            or Spirit Self, Life Spirit and Spirit Man. The Holy of Holies
            contains all that has been accumulated for the immortal "I AM."

            This is likely why there was so much accuracy in Edgar Cayce's past
            life readings, his deep Faith in Christ, the Presence of Christ in his
            work. Yet he differs from Rudolf Steiner in that he describes human
            beings from the time of Atlantis as having distinct personalities,
            with the Ego fully in evidence, the consciousness the same as in our
            day. However, to give full and fair treatment to the differences
            between Rudolf Steiner and Edgar Cayce on past lives - including the
            possible spiritual reasons, regarding those to whom Cayce directs his
            teachings - that would require another book.
          • carynlouise24
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 7, 2008
              Edgar Cayce is a mystery! I am thinking that he read the Memories in
              the Akaskic - but for now these notes are interesting on Atlantis and
              our fifth post-Atlantean age:

              'The Book of Revelation' Lecture 12
              We can therefore say: In old Atlantis the spirit was seen physically.
              After Atlantis came the post-Atlantean period with its seven ages; and
              the recapitulation of what had happened in Atlantis, the
              recapitulation of what had happened physically in Atlantis, took place
              at the soul level in the fourth post-Atlantean age. The mighty
              upheavals I spoke about, the years AD 333 and 666, which are upheavals
              at the soul level in human evolution, these correspond to physical
              upheavals in old Atlantis. When they saw the revelations in the
              fluid-airy element, the seers of the Greco-Latin age felt that they
              were seeing in their soul something like a recapitulation of earlier
              conditions of earth that had once taken place in the physical realm.
              They were aware of this, although somewhat dimly, as befitted the
              consciousness of that time.

              Occult Science pg301
              Even as we can trace the great sequences of cosmic evolution from
              Saturn to Vulcan, so too we can the shorter periods – the periods,
              for example, of Earth evolution proper. Since the tremendous
              upheaval that brought the life of old Atlantis to an end, there have
              been the successive stages in man's development described in this
              book as the ancient Indian, the ancient Persian, the Egypto-Chaldean
              and the Graeco-Latin epochs.

              The fifth is the present – the epoch man is going through today. In
              preparation ever since the fourth or fifth century A.D., it began
              gradually about the twelfth, thirteenth and fourteenth centuries, to
              emerge fully in the fifteenth. The preceding epoch – the Graeco-
              Latin – began about the eighth century B.C., the Christ-Event taking
              place when the first third of it was over. With the transition from
              the Egypto-Chaldean into the Graeco-Latin epoch, the whole mode and
              disposition of man's soul and all his faculties had undergone an
              essential change.

              The kind of logical thinking and intellectual comprehension of the
              world with which we are now familiar did not exist in Egypto-Chaldean
              times. Knowledge, which man to-day acquires by the deliberate
              exercise of his intelligence, he then received directly; it was given
              to him as an intuitive and inner – in some respects, supersensible –
              knowledge. Such was the form of cognition proper to that age.

              Man saw the objects around him, and in the very act of looking at
              them, the concept – the picture of them his soul needed – arose of
              its own accord within him. Now when cognition is of this nature,
              pictures not only of the sense-perceptible world make their
              appearance in man's soul, but from the depths of the inner life there
              dawns a knowledge, howsoever limited, of facts and beings
              imperceptible to the outer senses. This was a remnant of the dim and
              pristine supersensible awareness, once the common property of all
              mankind.

              In the Graeco-Latin epoch, an ever growing number of people were born
              in whom such faculties were lacking. Men now began to think about
              things with purely intellectual reflection. They drifted farther and
              farther away from the direct though dreamlike perception of the world
              of soul and spirit.

              Instead, they had to form an intellectual picture of it for
              themselves – intellectual, though aided by the life of feeling.
              Broadly speaking, man may be said to have been in this condition
              throughout the fourth post-Atlantean epoch. Those alone, who – as an
              heirloom from the past – retained the earlier faculties of soul, were
              able still to receive the spiritual world into their consciousness
              directly. But they were the belated remnants of a bygone age; their
              manner of cognition was no longer suited to the time. For by the
              very laws of evolution, an older faculty of soul loses its full
              significance when new faculties develop.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 7, 2008
                --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise wrote
                > our fifth post-Atlantean age....
                > Occult Science pg301
                > The fifth is the present – the epoch man is going through today. In
                > preparation ever since the fourth or fifth century A.D., it began
                "> gradually about the twelfth, thirteenth and fourteenth centuries,
                to emerge fully in the fifteenth. The preceding epoch – the Graeco-
                > Latin – began about the eighth century B.C., the Christ-Event taking
                > place when the first third of it was over. With the transition from
                > the Egypto-Chaldean into the Graeco-Latin epoch, the whole mode and
                > disposition of man's soul and all his faculties had undergone an
                > essential change.

                Dear Caryn,
                Being relative newcomer, found in "Writing of the Heart", some very
                useful descriptions which assist in defining our present goals!NINA

                http://brunnenvchr.org/inspiration
                "Inspiration is complex and many-sided in source or origin. Also, it
                is very difficult to identify and separate the processes of the Three
                I's, especially Imagination and Inspiration. They interact dynamically
                and constantly. James Gillen, more attuned to Inspiration than to
                Imagination, has defined and described Inspiration thusly:

                "Inspiration is the middle stage of the Three I's, the Three Inns on
                the Way. The opening and closing letters of each of the Three I's are
                "In." These are the Three In's of the Ego becoming progressively able
                to exercise love as a cognitive power. In the pictorial revelation of
                being; In the musical/relational process of being; with-In the Being
                itself (i.e., religious union).

                "Middle stages have a way of stretching in both directions. In the
                direction of our ordinary experience, Inspiration comes in like a
                pointer and sees patterns in pictures, numbers, events, horoscopes -
                as divinatory/oracular moments. The exercise that facilitates the move
                from small i to big I is the active forgetting of an Imagination while
                retaining and respiring the processes and feelings behind the
                Imagination which have been built up in the soul, centered in the
                rhythmic system. These processes then become the fertile bed for the
                Ego to hear (sense as if with musical/relational meaning) something
                that derives neither from our ordinary sense experience nor our
                solipsistic exercising. Rudolf Steiner calls this retention of felt
                process respiration, in the forecourt of the big I, the new yoga.