SouthernCross Review Number 9

  • Jo Ann Schwartz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2001
      Dear All--

      SouthernCross Review is out once again, with several articles and essays
      that I suspect will appeal to members of this list.

      With Merry Greetings for the New Year/Millennium,
      JoAnn

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      Dear Friends and subscribers,

      It is only fitting that we start off the new millennium with an issue of
      the SouthernCross Review packed with interesting articles and fiction. The
      growing Science section starts off with a brilliant piece that equates the
      universe with a hologram, by a mysterious "unknown author", followed by
      two articles by Don Cruse, one concerning the mind and brain, the other
      about Chomsky's Universal Grammar. All three articles look at these issues
      from a scientific as well as a spiritual point of view.

      A little-known essay by Heinrich von Kleist follows in the Essay section,
      and a special feature provides a translation of Rudolf Steiner's "Daily
      Soul Exercises"

      In the Social Issues section, Steve Talbott and Lowell Monke take on the
      technologized poultry and pig farming industries with facts which will
      open your eyes to the extreme cruelties we impose on animals for the sake
      of profit.

      The Favela Monte Azul initiative, in Sao Paulo, Brazil, stands alone in
      the Education section, having just celebrated its 21st anniversary.

      The Fiction section breaks a record with eight stories. The authors, many
      of whom are already known to our readers, are: Terry Coffey, Norman Lock,
      Gaither Stewart, George Rafael, Linda Lavid, Paul Perry, Victorino
      Briones, F. T. Smith.

      Bobbi McCutcheon breaks into children's literature with a science fiction
      story.

      Poetry: Five poems by Jeffrey C. Alfier.

      And don't forget "Letters to the Editor", where correspondence appears
      which is at least as interesting as the articles they comment on. Such
      contributions are always welcome.

      Our E-book Library now contains a new book by Gaither Stewart - "The
      Russian Flask". Highly recommended!

      See you again in March.

      Frank Thomas Smith, editor
      http://www.SouthernCrossReview.org

      See the latest issue of the SouthernCross Review at:
      http://www.SouthernCrossReview.org

      http://photos.yahoo.com/