Calendar of the Soul, 37th Week After Easter

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2001
      Here is the 37th week of the "Soul-Calendar", which is made up of 52

      meditative mantras enabling one to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul)

      events occurring within one in the course of the year, 12 images of the

      zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the

      cosmos in the day and the Moon's position in those constellations for

      each night, for sensing the lunar forces---along with a list of saints and

      other spiritual figures & events for specific days of the week.

      First, the mantra in the original German and in English:

      * M A N T R A # 3 7 ( W I N T E R ) *
      Zu tragen Geisteslicht in Weltenwinternacht
      Erstrebet selig meines Herzens Trieb,
      Dass leuchtend Seelenkeime
      In Weltengründen wurzeln
      Und Gotteswort im Sinnesdunkel
      Verklärend alles Sein durchtönt.

      "To carry Spirit-Light in World-Winter-Night,
      Strives joyfully my Heart's Drive,
      That light-filled Soul-Seeds
      In World-Ground take root
      And God's Word in Senses' Darkness
      Makes clear all Being it resounds through."

      The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken

      spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The

      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather

      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.

      original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from

      English to German.

      This week's mantram:

      Last week's verse described the direct experience of the World-Word speaking
      within us in holy mystery. This week, we carry into the world's darkness the
      Light we have gathered from contact with the Divine, planting this light from
      our souls like seeds in the outer world's soil, to bring to it the Divine
      that alone can make clear its confusion and murkiness.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Sagittarius
      until Jan. 4th, the day of the earth's nearest approach to the Sun, when we
      are then handed over to Capricornus. The symbolic image of the Goat done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications accompanies this post as an attachment. The
      Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along
      with the birth & death days of some of the spiritual figures & events
      published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: these are fruitful material for
      contemplation on those days. I’m in the process of translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar

      Sunday December 31st. Moon Pisces. 1384 J. Wycleff died.

      Monday January 1st. Moon Pisces. 1484 Ulrich Zwingli born.

      Tuesday January 2nd. Moon Pisces. Abel, Seth (Adam's Sons). Melchior (one
      of the holy 3 Kings). Lavater died 1801.

      Wednesday January 3rd. Moon Aries. Caspar (one of the holy 3 Kings). Enoch
      (Father of Methusalah). Daniel. 1865 In North America, slavery was lifted.

      Thursday January 4th. Moon Aries. Balthasar (one of the holy 3 Kings). Lot
      (the brother of Abraham). Methusalah (died shortly before the Flood, which
      legend says happened in his 969th year). 1785 Jacob Grimm born. 1786 Mos.
      Mendelssohn died.

      Friday January 5th. Moon Taurus. 1596 Francis Drake died. 1643 Newton born.

      Saturday January 6th. Moon Taurus. Festival of the Appearance of Christ
      (Epiphany). The 3 Holy Kings. 1412 Joan of Arc born. 1822 Schliemann born.

      *******Dr. Starman

      Friday night the Moon will pass close to Jupiter and Saturn in the night sky.