Re: Back on the road with the dharma bums

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2008

      "And, that's a way to get REAL info. Now, that extremely special soul
      (smokingmirrors) who is now (as if driven to) EXPLAINING to a great
      number of living souls the ins and outs of how to view our human
      condition in spiritual terms, in full consciousness, is NOT in my
      opinion, supposed to become the material for some lone Anthroposophist."

      "Extremely special soul." Well, let's all take pause on that one.
      Comments recommended. Thanks.

      Steve
    • Stephen Hale
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 4, 2008
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "swirling_dervish"
        <blue_star_in@...> wrote:
        > Well I'm all for looking on the positive side.. and at least
        newbies
        > don't have to strain gnats and swallow camels :)
        >
        > This does sound a little de ja vu, something written in deference
        > another of Roberts posts?
        >
        > Hmmm...
        >
        > I'm sure theres a lot more you could learn from him; displays of
        > humility might be a worthwhile possibility?
        >
        > Anyways lets get back on the road.
        >
        > Tut tut

        Well, I'll tell you a little something about humility, but only
        after requesting that you leave my name out of your rather pompous
        and arrogant posts, which should have nothing to do with me, unless
        you particularly want me to pay attention to you. And that, of
        course, is it. You need my attention, which I previously gave, and
        now you crave, for some warped reason of your own. This is how self-
        destructive tendencies present themselves, and I am only glad that
        we meet now once in a while in the etheric world, because if it was
        on the physical plane you'd have to first be taking more
        responsibility for your condition, and second, be willing to pay for
        the help you need. And that is only so you appreciate the work you
        need done.

        As for humility, I happen to consider my sincere offerings on this
        list a humble act, and if I am especially able to help Robert Mason
        on a subject that he is sincerely interested in, coming from my
        perspective, than maybe he and I can really begin to meet each other.

        You and I have had our day, so please leave me alone. Anthroposophy
        is a subject that some people take very seriously, like Mr. Mason,
        and yours truly.
      • carynlouise24
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 7, 2008
          <kosmicdance@...> wrote:

          > I merely watching what happens, without being able to influence it in
          > any way.

          I think you great swirling_dervish into a kosmicdance! You remind me
          of a beautiful fairy fluttering around waving a bit of magical star
          dust :)
        • carol
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 8, 2008

            Karen: "Don't you guys have any value systems at all?"

            Karen,  are you imagining Anthroposophists as a collectivity of some form and approaching some concept used in the  outward sense?

            No no.

            These are just 'guys' and 'gals' on the street,  some ready to tear you to shreds (more intensily than some),  some not.  I think  (if it is at all possible to generalize)  that one predominant underlying difference between people who have approached Anthroposophy and those who have not,  is that 'soul lessons'  have, to varying degrees,  approached these individuals through likely innocent interest.

            All the rest reflects the complexity of the individual being.  A great part of this complexity would otherwise be there,  whether or not Anthroposophy awakens the reflective qualities of the soul.   The difference is that in one instance,  individual soul experience is given 'a distinct terrain' so as to be expressed,  the other,  certain soul experience remains securely dormant below the strata on soul conciousness.

            In order for  the soul region 'normally' semiconscious, to come  join the outward plane,  it is required that the soul develop for itself appropriate 'spiritual concepts'  so that the substrata element can solidly 'ground' themselves in  LIVING EXPERIENCE.

            If you wish to speak of a collectivity to which I belong, Karen,  then please try the one where 'living experience'  is coupled with objective 'spiritual scientific concepts'.

            (This is the soul consciousness part)

            This 'collectivity' by it's nature,  I believe, would subsist on a more volatile human plane,  which essentially takes into account the eternal element in all  living individuals,  all is given 'an ear',  and sympathetic consideration.

            carol.

            --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "elfkinszee" <blue_star_in@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > >
            > > I believe that it is from this fine 'etheric' level that her
            > accusation
            > > is derived.
            > >
            > > And, I believe that for certain periods of time, we can all be
            > found
            > > to be 'guilty' of neglegence on this level towards other human
            > beings,
            > > quite frequently at that.
            > >
            > > However, within this, there comes a point where a given
            > individual,
            > > on this side of the line, must ask themselves ; how much sympathy
            > > should be exercised towards another's spiritualized qualities when
            > > they remain quite willing to express their 'unworked' qualities.
            > >
            > > It seems that there is a 'balancing' excersise taking place in human
            > > relationships. Where too much of the 'evil' stream is permitted to
            > > express itself, then that would be the time to 'skip' out of the
            > > scene'.
            > >
            > > I personally do not find that this latter example reflects the
            > situation
            > > between you and Karen.
            > >
            > > Carol.
            > >

            > > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale" <sardisian01@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "avarohanam" avarohanam@

            > > > about
            > like
            > > > looseness
            > > >
            > > > "A year of Stephen Hales Hate Mail is on my list and stirring. It
            > is
            > > > from the enemy that one learns compassion and tolerance :)
            > > > The bank manager of Halifax is also on my list. But I shall have
            > > > save him for my return in October."
            > > >
            > > > For the record, I have never issued hate mail to anyone. This is a
            > > > libelous offense, which in the court of cosmic concern, is duly
            > > > noted.
            > > >
            > > > Also for the record, is the notation that Steve Hale was merely
            > > > concerned for the pain inflicted on a young and innocent soul
            > living
            > > > in Africa who had the audacity to write about such pain here on
            > this
            > > > list, which stirred the heart of one Steve Hale.
            > > >
            > > > And being a therapist in the physical world I, nee Steve Hale,
            > felt
            > > > compelled to enter the etheric world for caring support. Thus, and
            > > > please note this most importantly, an attempt was made for a
            > > > physical human being to enter the etheric world in order to meet
            > > > another human being in order to provide this support.
            > > >
            > > > And it failed; also to be noted. It failed miserably indeed, which
            > > > I, nee Steve Hale, must endure for the entire tenure in which the
            > > > physical world and its participants remain rather exclusive from
            > the
            > > > world that lies just on the other side of the veil. It is a world
            > > > that obviously still tells lies, and treats living people like
            > they
            > > > were corpses, or passing thoughts at best.

          • carol
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 14, 2008

              Karen: "Yes a world that recognises the value of every single life is a world coming out of denial. But thats not anthroposophical mind set is it?"

              I think it has to do with the emerging consciousness soul- a deepened experience of the individual I experience- which frees itself (through somewhat tough lessons I imagine) from defining itself using collective mindsets: family, nation, generational, epoch etc. This is what Steiner called becoming 'homeless'. The individual standing on it's VERY own, with the higher realms free to reveal themselves to him/her.  A living experience of reincarnation becomes possible as this becomes  'achieved' along with other spiritual realisations, understandings....

              Happy Birthday!!

              I'm stuck- MOVING- my flat of 17 years is going to be renovated and I have to get out in 2 weeks from now. I managed to 'deal' with the real estate industry, have now packed my kitchen and books,papers, so the 'settled feeling' is returning to me. In all, I found this experience quite gruesome...

              Enjoy you visit, and again, happy birthday! c.