Calendar of the Soul, Week 35

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2000
      Here’s the 35th week of the "Soul-Calendar", which is made up of 52
      meditative mantras enabling one to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul)
      events occurring within one in the course of the year, 12 images of the
      zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
      cosmos in the day and the Moon's position in those constellations is listed
      each night, for sensing the lunar forces---along with a list of saints and
      other spiritual figures and events for meditation on specific days of the
      First, the mantra in the original German and in English:

      Kann ich das Sein erkennen
      Dass es sich wiederfindet
      Im Seelenschaffensdrange?
      Ich fühle, das mir Macht verlieh'n
      Das eigne Selbst dem Weltenselbst
      Als Glied bescheiden einzuleben.

      Can I so know Existence
      That it finds itself again
      In Soul's Shaping Urge?
      I feel that to me Might is lent
      That my Self, the World-Self
      As limb may modestly unite its life with.

      The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
      English to German.

      This week's mantram:
      In Autumn we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of
      the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had in Summer. Last week's verse
      described how this growing self-consciousness met and re-enlivened all that
      we knew within from experience, and out of this forces could begin to flow
      into our deeds to make a stamp upon the world. This week, we seek to so
      intensely know world-existence that it itself becomes what lives in our s
      oul's creative urges; and we now feel power is lent to us to do so, to
      become an arm or instrument of the World-Self, so that in all modesty we can
      live as an organ of it.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Sagittarius
      from Dec. 1st to Jan. 4th. The symbolic image of the Archer done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications accompanies this post as an attachment. The
      Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along
      with the birth & death days of some of the spiritual figures & events
      published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: these are fruitful material for
      contemplation on those days. I’m in the process of translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar

      Sunday December 17th. Moon Virgo. Last Quarter. Lazarus, he who by Christ
      was awakened. 1493 Paracelsus born. 1778 the Chemist Davy born.
      Monday December 18th. Moon Virgo. 1803 Herder died. 1829 Lamarck died.
      Tuesday December 19th. Moon Virgo. Abraham.
      Wednesday December 20th. Moon Libra. Ammon, Christian teacher of the 2nd
      Thursday December 21st. Moon Libra. Thomas (who in the Gospel is mentioned
      as an Apostle).
      Friday December 22nd. Moon Scorpius. Theodosius.
      Saturday December 23rd. Moon Scorpius. Dagobert.

      *******Dr. Starman