Re: Steiner's mistake about colored shadows???

  • carol
    Message 1 of 62 , Feb 2, 2008

      May I comment?

      "The truth is that

      in the spiritual sense, light streams out from Saturn, Jupiter,Mercury, Venus and the Moon.
      Physically it appears as though the sun gives the planets light, but in reality it is the planets that radiate light to the sun and the sun is the reflector."

      Notice, the nuances:  'spiritual sense', 'physically it appears' and 'in reality'.

      It seems to me that (in the least)  a conscious soul experience is needed for the 'in reality' to be known, where both the 'spiritual' and 'physical' are recognised as essentially ONE.

      And perhaps this is essentially what was lost to humankind throughout the ages, especially since Constantine.

      It would appear to me that spiritual light derived from various cosmic bodies shine onto one cosmic body, and this light is reflected, deflected(?). In spiritual science cosmic history, some physical and spiritual variables are assigned to the Sun, as it seperated from the earth. Perhaps the question to be asked is, what is the

      living nature of the Sun as a mass, as it stands in the sky nowadays?

      I was listening to the 3 first lectures of "

      Man's Being, His Destiny, and World Evolution",

      http://www.rudolfsteineraudio.com/mandestinyevolution1923/mansbeingdestinyevolution.html

      ...wherein the integration of the human spiritual element to the human physical 'germ' is described. (this is my perhaps faulty recollection...) The germ is described as a polarized chaotic mass, and it is because of the polarized quality, that the mass somewhat dissipates (destroys ?) itself enough for the spirit/soul element takes it's place.   Apparently,  the human body in all it's elements is a PURE reflection of the cosmos.

      Also mentioned was the importance of the

      moon sphere for the discarnate -for the period that they still retain their 'soul' element, (they still  interact in earthly affairs) and following the Sprit period, on their treck  back to the 'soul' as a necessary step to an earthly return. So, all this activity would definitively generate a powerful source of 'spirit' light  from out of the moon sphere to be reflected off of the Sun.

      In passing Steve, it is

      Moral Judgement and it's worth vis a vis one's past day's living that the higher ego and astral body retains upon waking the following morning.  I think this phenomena can be picked up ever so slightly.

      carol.

      > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mason
      > robertsmason_99@ wrote:
      > > Robert writes:
      > >
      > > I think I'm starting to get your picture now,
      > > but I'm far from ready to buy into it. What a
      > > strange coincidence that this rotating "shroud"
      > > of the 8th sphere is always placed where the
      > > dark shadow would be if the moon were
      > > illuminated only (or mainly) by the sun, and
      > > what a coincidence that the moon is always
      > > itself shining exactly where its surface would
      > > be shining if it were so illuminated by the
      > > sun! I don't see any easy way to test your
      > > hypothesis most of the time, but during the
      > > lunar eclipse the hypothesis breaks down. If
      > > the usual, (relatively) bright moonlight (that
      > > most of us take to be reflected from the sun)
      > > were generated by the moon itself, then it
      > > shouldn't make any difference when the moon is
      > > eclipsed. If, as you say, the "shroud" during
      > > the full moon is turned away from the earth,
      > > then when the (full) moon is in the sun-shadow
      > > of the earth (i.e. during a lunar eclipse) the
      > > lack of direct sunlight on the moon should make
      > > no difference in the moon's apparent
      > > brightness; the eclipsed moon should be as
      > > bright as any full moon, not a dull reddish.
      > > So it seems to me . . . .
      > >
      > > -- But, given the implausibility of the
      > > orthodox "explanation" of the color of the
      > > eclipsed moon, I'm more inclined to suspect
      > > that Steve's (implied?) hint might be true:
      > > that the same principle is at work as in the
      > > phenomenon of "colored shadows". Or at least
      > > we will need in the end some kind of quasi-
      > > Goethean explanation. Despite all its
      > > technological wizardry, orthodox Science is
      > > far from understanding even the simplest
      > > principles of light and color.
      > >
      > > Robert Mason
      >
      > Let's start with this:
      >
      > http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/SunMys_index.html
      >
      > "It is true that in order to reach inner freedom, it was necessary
      > for men to pass through the stage of believing that a globe of gas
      > is moving through universal space — but the fact is that physicists
      > would be very astonished if they could take a journey in space; they
      > would discover that the sun is not a globe of gas giving out light —
      > that is nonsense — but that it is a mere reflector which cannot
      > itself radiate light but at most throw it back. The truth is that in
      > the spiritual sense, light streams out from Saturn, Jupiter,
      > Mercury, Venus and the Moon.
      >
      > Physically it appears as though the sun gives the planets light, but
      > in reality it is the planets that radiate light to the sun and the
      > sun is the reflector. As such it was recognized by the wise men of
      > ancient Persia with their instinctive wisdom, and in this sense the
      > sun was regarded as the earthly source of Light — not indeed as the
      > source itself, but as the reflector of the Light. Then, among the
      > Egyptians and Chaldeans, the sun became the reflector of Life and
      > among the Greeks, the reflector of Love.

> [...]

    • carynlouise24
      Message 62 of 62 , Mar 11, 2008
        Steve you are such a Leo!

        NCAR = Atmospheric Research Centre – thought it meant Centre Astronomy
        Research – er where are we going again?!

        I think it would be good to look at the earth's compass points again.
        We know the pole's shifted after the Atlantis catastrophe, everything
        went topsy turvy and Venus became Mercury and Mercury become Venus –
        does this mean the compass points also became topsy turvy? Also seeing
        that the world is Tetrahedron shaped.