Re: Outer and Inner meditations on Schooling

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 211 , Jan 9, 2008
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "isenhart7" <isenhart7@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale"
      > <sardisian01@> wrote:
      >
      > > Well, A_T is quite repetitive in its haranguing, i.e., "a
      scolding
      > or a
      > > verbal attack; diatribe". And I only make reference to A_T in
      this
      > > connection because this list; that is *our* list has a much
      > different
      > > quality to itself, based on the thoughtful contributions being
      made
      > > here. And so, I look in on A_T every so often in order to hear
      > what's
      > > topical, and it is generally always a reprise of the negativity
      > that
      > > has always plagued *that* list. And I often wonder why it is so.
      >
      > I think this may be a case of different strokes for different
      folks,
      > Steve. I'm glad that you appreciate this list and understand your
      > concerns regarding the A_T list but how do these assessments
      differ
      > from judgments based on your own values?
      >
      > Last month I spent a lot of time with my friend Tresha visiting
      the
      > different middle schools here for our 12 year old boys next year.
      > would not send my child to the school that she chose (IN A MILLION
      > YEARS)and she was horrified during the school tour of my number
      one
      > school choice. And we're close friends and the boys are best
      friends
      > but we have different buttons, let's just say, when it comes to
      our
      > children's education AND we are bringing up two very different
      boys.-
      > Val

      So, would you agree that it is a matter of quality vs. quantity?

      Steve
    • Stephen Hale
      Message 211 of 211 , Jul 1, 2008
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise24"
        <carynlouise24@...> wrote:

        > This is quite poetic Steve; it's like the Phoenix rising from the
        > ashes! We may consider Saint John the Eagle rising from the winter
        > sting of the Scorpion into the Eagle of summer ...
        >
        > Then again we may also consider the Earth is awake in winter and
        > sleeping in summer - so it may be the other way around!
        >
        > Yes, I do remember the lunar eclipse on the 20th February when the
        > Sun ate the Moon! Also still curious about seeing Saturn on the
        > right and you saw it on the left - although a later picture
        confirmed
        > it to be on the right.
        >
        > Interesting about Mars hey - the land is jelly-like substance -
        > suppose the astronauts have to have special boots made to walk on
        > that!
        >
        > :)

        My experience of the Lunar Eclipse of 2/20/08 was that it was the
        converse! The Earth ate the Moon; which really means that the moon
        gave a nod to the fact that the earth beholds the "earthshine" when
        in the shadow zone.

        Every so often, the moon gives an objective proof of this. It is
        called a lunar eclipse.