Re: Outer and Inner meditations on Schooling

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 211 , Jan 8, 2008
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "isenhart7" <isenhart7@...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale" <sardisian01@>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > Now maybe Dottie read this description; maybe not. And by posting
      > > diagrams to go along with the discourse, maybe this helped; maybe
      > > not. But it is my assessment that *here* is the place to get what
      > > is needed for the future. A_T is a harangue, and what a burdensome
      > > bore that is. Right folks?
      >
      > Harangues are not by their very nature boring. A repetitive harangue
      > could certainly become a burden though and so I wonder if your
      > assessment of this list isn't predicated on the fact that the
      harangue
      > in question is someone else's burden.

      Well, A_T is quite repetitive in its haranguing, i.e., "a scolding or a
      verbal attack; diatribe". And I only make reference to A_T in this
      connection because this list; that is *our* list has a much different
      quality to itself, based on the thoughtful contributions being made
      here. And so, I look in on A_T every so often in order to hear what's
      topical, and it is generally always a reprise of the negativity that
      has always plagued *that* list. And I often wonder why it is so. Why
      does so much negative feedback occur on a list that has a front-page
      that describes what Rudolf Steiner said to Frederick Rittelmeyer back
      in 1915 concerning the absolute necessity of spiritual science coming
      into the world as a cultural imperative. And how, if it fails to
      become so, it will have to wait a hundred years in order to come
      again. So then, the forum 'Anthroposophy_Tomorrow' is launched with
      these sentiments in mind; sentiments, mind you, that are ostensibly
      concerned with the future of anthroposophy, and how it can be made a
      strong and effective presence in the ethernet.

      This list has a front-page that contains words from Steiner's
      lecture, "Preparing for the Sixth Epoch", which are quite effective,
      especially as a reminder of how one should conduct their activities
      while appearing here, either presenting or listening. And recently, a
      very effective addition to these words was given in the form of the
      painting that now resides next to those words.

      So, when you add it all up, it seems to me that we have the polarity of
      negative vs. positive going on in the realm of anthroposophy. And I
      want to make note of that. To me, the output on this list far exceeds
      in quality the meager substance of the harangues generated on A_T. And
      I am most concerned about the negative influence that this has, over
      time, on people. It can't be good.

      Steve
    • Stephen Hale
      Message 211 of 211 , Jul 1, 2008
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise24"
        <carynlouise24@...> wrote:

        > This is quite poetic Steve; it's like the Phoenix rising from the
        > ashes! We may consider Saint John the Eagle rising from the winter
        > sting of the Scorpion into the Eagle of summer ...
        >
        > Then again we may also consider the Earth is awake in winter and
        > sleeping in summer - so it may be the other way around!
        >
        > Yes, I do remember the lunar eclipse on the 20th February when the
        > Sun ate the Moon! Also still curious about seeing Saturn on the
        > right and you saw it on the left - although a later picture
        confirmed
        > it to be on the right.
        >
        > Interesting about Mars hey - the land is jelly-like substance -
        > suppose the astronauts have to have special boots made to walk on
        > that!
        >
        > :)

        My experience of the Lunar Eclipse of 2/20/08 was that it was the
        converse! The Earth ate the Moon; which really means that the moon
        gave a nod to the fact that the earth beholds the "earthshine" when
        in the shadow zone.

        Every so often, the moon gives an objective proof of this. It is
        called a lunar eclipse.