Re: The pain of the ego

  • carol
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2008
      Hi Karen, that was all fine with me, until here:

      "When the laws of absolute truth are upheld, so will be the virtues of
      the people..."

      Karen, the essense of the laws of absolute truth are quite difficult to
      define let alone follow - even into our present epoch- And even though
      we can now quite confortably engage our egos to take initiative, to take
      charge and gather up soul forces from within our respective selves,
      still, we only barely come around to recognise the essense of 'absolute
      truth'. Our souls are still destined to journey along a path dense with
      illusion, where hard earned clarity often times has the property to
      transform itself once again into obscurity...

      You wrote: "A humble mind heightens our attentiveness to all things and
      saves us
      from pettiness which spawns confrontation and loftiness which
      disregards."

      That appears to be a fundamental law applicable to esoteric
      Rosicrucianism- the exclusive precursor to the outed 'Anthroposophy'.

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "avarohanam" <avarohanam@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      > Nothing happens by accident. But through acceptance and understanding
      > of the reasons behind the lessons, we can all elevate our spiritual
      > growth to a higher state of consciousness.
      > Truth remains truth..
      > regardless of whether one's ego permits its recognition. Inner
      > harmony comes with acceptance of one's rightful place in relation to
      > the world in which we live and willingness to appreciate that
      > everything happens for a reason...
      >
      > A humble mind heightens our attentiveness to all things and saves us
      > from pettiness which spawns confrontation and loftiness which
      disregards.
      > When the laws of absolute truth are upheld, so will be the virtues of
      > the people...

      > > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "swirling_dervish"
      > > <kosmicdance@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale" sardisian01@

      > > of
      > > >
      > > > Steve
      > > > Let me be honest. I tend see you as a wolf in sheeps clothing,
      > > > rightly or wrongly.
      > > > Yes it is very apparent that you consider yourself to be Jesus.
      > > > I often think about you quoting "Feed my flock" and whether your
      flock
      > > > is the horde of psychopathic sex criminals you counsel.
      > > >
      > > > Yes you really want me out of the way don't you? The question is
      > > > Steve, why do you consider me such a threat?
      > > >
      > > > Why are you so opposed to freedom of thought?
      > > >
      > > > I disagree with a lot of what you write, either it gives me a
      creepy
      > > > feeling which I pick up through the heart centre as it taps into
      what
      > > > the universe or I understand it from another level of
      consciousness
      > > > and I know what you are saying is incorrect or inappropriate to
      the
      > > TIME.
      > > >
      > > > I don't despise anything Steve and when you say I am causing
      > > > confusion... Are you against people thinking and questioning and
      > > > making up their own minds?
      > > >
      > > > You are right Steve, you are against up against a precipice
      whether
      > > > you continue to evolve as a spiritual Being or whether you drop
      down
      > > > into the abyss.
      > > >
      > > > I am not here to push you ... but I can feel your fear. I think
      its a
      > > > decision you need to make for yourself, a vote on this forum as to
      my
      > > > continued presence or absence will not decide your fate.
      > > >
      > > > Only Love will save you Steve whatever you believe to the
      contrary.

      > > > What you really want is to be the limelight of the show. The
      centre
      > > > of attraction - that nobody contributes anything to the list
      unless
      > > > its to do with a topic that you have chosen.
      > > >
      > > > You want me out of the way, and then Bradford. No?

    • Stephen Hale
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2008
        wrote:

        > Mmmm.... by now Stephen Hale is no doubt sick to his stomach again by
        > my materialism... well, don't choke on it boy..!

        I'm just sorry that I stuck my nose up your ass.

        Regrets,

        Steve
      • carol
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2008

          <I'm just sorry that I stuck my nose up your ass. Regrets, Steve>

          Well, it's funny that this statement had to stick with me for a little while before  dawning on me that something about it was MORE THAN OFF.

          Steve, are you allowing 'thought images' derived from your work place to enter your Anthroposophic reflections? Or, and, were you interested in showing Karen that YOU TOO can be quite (unconsciously) materialistic in a variety of ways, all in one shot?

          Re: "Mmmm.... by now Stephen Hale is no doubt sick to his stomach again by my materialism... well, don't choke on it boy..!"

          It's interesting....

          carol.

          > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "avarohanam" avarohanam@
          > wrote:
          >
          > > Mmmm.... by now Stephen Hale is no doubt sick to his stomach again by
          > > my materialism... well, don't choke on it boy..!
          >
          > I'm just sorry that I stuck my nose up your ass.
          >
          > Regrets,
          >
          > Steve

        • Stephen Hale
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2008

            > <I'm just sorry that I stuck my nose up your ass. Regrets, Steve>
            >
            > Well, it's funny that this statement had to stick with me for a
            little
            > while before dawning on me that something about it was MORE THAN
            OFF.

            > Steve, are you allowing 'thought images' derived from your work
            place to
            > enter your Anthroposophic reflections? Or, and, were you
            interested in
            > showing Karen that YOU TOO can be quite (unconsciously)
            materialistic in
            > a variety of ways, all in one shot?
            >
            > Re: "Mmmm.... by now Stephen Hale is no doubt sick to his stomach
            again
            > by my materialism... well, don't choke on it boy..!"
            >
            > It's interesting....
            >
            > carol.

            What does that mean, Carol, when you say:
            "Steve, are you allowing 'thought images' derived from your work
            place to enter your Anthroposophic reflections? Or, and, were you
            interested in showing Karen that YOU TOO can be quite
            (unconsciously) materialistic in a variety of ways, all in one shot?"

            For the record, I am quite (consciously) materialistic in every way,
            as you and everybody else is, and that is no criticism. In fact, I
            personally love materialism in every way, which was what struck me
            about the Joni Mitchell gig with the last waltz. I appreciated the
            fine lines drawn, and especially the accompaniment coming from such
            loving players for this star; for they were stars on the way out.
            And that is the most important thing. Stars giving loving tribute.

            So, consider my rather crude comment a loving tribute to someone who
            bears much resistance to helping concern. And a therapist has to be
            tough, no two ways about it. Go look it up if you want to follow
            the timeline. In fact Carol, it would be a good exercise for you in
            learning the discipline to back up your words with the confidence of
            really knowing. Really caring, rather than just sticking your nose
            in with an opinion.

            Please understand that I am very personalistic, which goes with the
            territory, while you are impersonal it seems to a very high degree.
            Karen has felt my warm soul in many ways, but denies it through her
            own personal defiance, distrust and resistance to the belief that
            anyone really cares, especially the discarnate entity, yours truly,
            operating in the etheric theatre. You as well, convey this same
            distrust and suspicion, which only further conveys to me your
            similar background to Karen. What can I say?

            Yes, I am a therapist, but passionately dispassionate, which means
            this: It is up to you to get a grip and take responsibility for
            your situation and mental being; not me. I am only here to help.

            And take notes.