The Rose on the Cross

  • carynlouise24
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007
      Polarities in the Evolution of Mankind 1st English Edition 1987
      West and East
      Materialism and Mysticism
      Knowledge and Belief

      Rudolf Steiner

      Eleven lectures given to members of the Anthroposophical Society in
      Stuttgart 5 March to 22 November 1920.

      Stuttgart, 5 March 1920 pg 13
      `Human beings therefore no longer relate to the spheres beyond the
      earth in the vertical fashion the ancient Greeks and Chaldeans did.
      We have had the training that only a horizontal surface can give and
      now must ascend again in moral, ethical terms. We must learn how
      human life is influenced by powers that do not show themselves in the
      course taken by the world that exists outside us. Those are the
      luciferic and ahrimanic powers.

      People tend to put their minds to other things, however, sometimes I
      also have to tell you something relating to our spiritual movement
      that takes its orientation in anthroposophy. This has accepted the
      task of working out of the full seriousness the time demands and
      listening to the language spoken from the cosmos beyond this earth,
      as it were, a language which tells us that we must once again come to
      see the way the human being is connected with the whole cosmos.
      Again and again, however, things make themselves heard in this work –
      please forgive the abrupt change of subject – which even today draw
      attention to some very peculiar points of view taken by people who
      oppose our aims of furthering the progress of mankind.

      Let me read you a passage from a letter that is really typical. As I
      said, please forgive the abrupt change of subject but we are obliged
      to inform you of all kinds of things that are going on at the present
      time with the purpose of undermining and destroying this movement
      which endeavours to take up the challenge of the present age.

      There is someone in Norway who had made it his task to destroy our
      movement. To assure himself that he has a right to do so, this man
      is writing to leading figures – that is how one does these things
      nowadays. He wrote to a publication called Politisch-
      anthropologische Monatsschrift (Political Anthropological Monthly).
      This journal sent him the following information: `Dr Steiner is a Jew
      of the purest water. He is connected with the Zionists, indeed
      associated with them, and works for the Entente.' The editor added
      that they – ie people of this kind – `have had their eye on him for
      some time.'

      I just wanted to tell you this in conclusion, as yet another case
      among the many one gets today, with a new one coming up almost
      daily. That is the attitude anthropologists are now taking to the
      efforts being made in the anthroposophical field.'

      St Matthew 2:18
      `In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great
      mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be
      comforted, because they are not'.
    • carynlouise24
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
        St. Matthew 11:27-30
        All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the
        Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son,
        and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. Come unto me, all ye
        that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my
        yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and
        ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden
        is light.
      • Nina
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
          --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carynlouise24"
          > St. Matthew 11:27-30
          > All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the
          > Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the
          Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. Come unto me, all
          ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my
          > yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and
          > ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my
          burden is light.

          Dear Caryn,
          Peace and Goodwill...
          From above... "learn of me...my burden is light"...leaves me
          speechless...
          link - can read parts/Leviton's IMAGINATION OF PENTECOST ...NINA
          please see:
          http://books.google.com/books?id=RcbdK-
          GizCUC&dq=richard+leviton&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=_GS5p9vAcG&
          sig=SzefYfrW-nFhuVwelYwwKuOgYJw
        • Stephen Hale
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 2007
            <carynlouise24@...> wrote:

            > St. Matthew 11:27-30
            > All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth
            the
            > Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the
            Son,
            > and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. Come unto me, all
            ye
            > that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take
            my
            > yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:
            and
            > ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my
            burden
            > is light.

            St. Matthew 16:13-18
            Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, He was
            asking His disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?"
            And they said, "Some say John the Baptist; and others, Elijah; but
            still others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets."

            He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"

            Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living
            God."

            And Jesus said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because
            flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in
            heaven.

            I also say to you that you are [Cepheus], and upon this rock I will
            build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.
          • Stephen Hale
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 2007
              St. Mark 8:27-33

              Jesus went out, along with His disciples, to the villages of
              Caesarea Philippi; and on the way He questioned His disciples,
              saying to them, "Who do people say that I am?"
              They told Him, saying, "John the Baptist; and others say Elijah; but
              others, one of the prophets."

              And He continued by questioning them, "But who do you say that I
              am?" Peter answered and said to Him, "You are the Christ."

              And He warned them to tell no one about Him.

              And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many
              things and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the
              scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

              And He was stating the matter plainly. And Peter took Him aside and
              began to rebuke Him.

              But turning around and seeing His disciples, He rebuked Peter and
              said, "Get behind Me, Satan; for you are not setting your mind on
              God's interests, but man's."

              --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale"

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 9, 2007
                St. John 21:12-22

                Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast." None of the disciples
                ventured to question Him, "Who are You?" knowing that it was the
                Lord.
                Jesus came and took the bread and gave it to them, and the fish
                likewise.

                This is now the third time that Jesus was manifested to the
                disciples, after He was raised from the dead.

                So when they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon
                Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?" He said
                to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You " He said to him, "Tend
                My lambs."
                He said to him again a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love
                Me?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said
                to him, "Shepherd My sheep."

                He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?"
                Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you
                love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know
                that I love You " Jesus said to him, "Tend My sheep.

                Truly, truly, I say to you, when you were younger, you used to gird
                yourself and walk wherever you wished; but when you grow old, you
                will stretch out your hands and someone else will gird you, and
                bring you where you do not wish to go."
                Now this He said, signifying by what kind of death he would glorify
                God And when He had spoken this, He said to him, "Follow Me!"

                Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following
                them; the one who also had leaned back on His bosom at the supper
                and said, "Lord, who is the one who betrays You?"

                Peter seeing him said to Jesus, "Lord, and what about this man?"

                Jesus said to him, "If I want him to remain until I come, what is
                that to you? You follow Me!"

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 10, 2007
                  <sardisian01@...> wrote:

[...]

                  ***

                  2 Thessalonians 2:3-5

                  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come,
                  except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be
                  revealed, the son of perdition;

                  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or
                  that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God,
                  shewing himself that he is God.

                  Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these
                  things?

                  And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his
                  time.
                • Stephen Hale
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 10, 2007
                    I want to draw out some of my intent with posting the three verses
                    from Matthew (16:13-18), Mark (8:27-33) and John (21:12-22), as it
                    relates to this one from Caryn:

                    St. Matthew 11:27-30
                    All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the
                    Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son,
                    and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. Come unto me, all ye
                    that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my
                    yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and
                    ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden
                    is light.

                    Now, this passage above had a strange effect on me, and so I held it
                    close for a few days because I knew that it meant something that
                    would need an appropriate response if I could find one. And then
                    suddenly, it came in the form of the three verses recited from
                    above. What these three verses each more than imply is that
                    something has changed, quite suddenly in fact, from what is said by
                    Christ in the 11th chapter of Matthew.

                    The eleventh chapter of Matthew gives very clear indication that
                    Christ is ministering to disciples and also those followers
                    listening, to a teaching that seeks to form something of the
                    initiations of olden times, and this is displayed quite remarkably in
                    this passage. But, in the sixteenth chapter things suddenly change.
                    The disciples are now asked to answer the question of:
                    "Who Am I?" And this question proves to be quite pivotal.

                    In fact, this question represents a turning point in the affairs
                    having previously taken place along the lines of an echo of the
                    ancient mysteries, and what is to now commence based on the fact that
                    one of the disciples knows the answer to a question that was not
                    thought known by anyone human. I say anyone human because Christ had
                    consistently forbade any spiritual being acting in the affairs of
                    humanity to speak out His Name anywhere, at any time. Until now.

                    So, these passages from Matthew and Mark concerning the event there
                    in the area of Casearea Philippi are quite pivotal for all that is to
                    begin to be explained concerning a subject that literally had not
                    been talked about before. And the reason is because Christ was
                    literally conducting a discipleship along the lines previously
                    mentioned; a discipleship in which He was Hierophant and they were
                    neophytes in a definite replication of the mysteries of old. But, of
                    course, the mysteries of old were over. The last true school of
                    ancient initiation science had been destroyed some 165 years before
                    in an event that is now a celebration of the Jews. In fact, it is
                    being celebrated as we speak.

                    Prior to this last school of the ancient mysteries, which effectively
                    brought together all of the previous mystery schools in a kind of
                    grand synthesis involving each of their specific intentions for
                    achieving enlightenment, we had the fateful event wherein the Temple
                    of Artemis at the Mystery Center in Ephesus was destroyed on the day
                    that Alexander the Great was born. And we know that Alexander would
                    grow up to lead a spiritual battle of Michaelic proportions in order
                    to free the Hebrews for their continued quest of the Promised Land.

                    And he would do so by bringing the aristotelian knowledge of nature
                    to the lands of the north, south, east and west. A spiritual
                    conqueror he was, not a military one as so often thought to be. And
                    he would die just before entering Babylon in order to conquer them as
                    well; armed with this seminal knowledge of nature.

                    Very prophetic and timely. Because he died just before goin in.
                    More later.