Re: Fwd: Vorstand Discord: Prokosophy vs. Bodosophy

  • carol
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007

      Re: Aristotelians and Platonists

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Olmsted"
      <sa.olmsted@...> wrote:

      > All this talk about Platotelians got me remembering something Brian
      Gray at
      > RSC said at a conference on this very matter. It was kind of off
      the cuff
      > and a long while ago but I think he said that there were some who had
      > "special" incarnation circumstances that were in both streams. He said
      > these people tended to sit on the sidelines and lob bombs into the
      movement.
      > I thought it made sense: Categorizers needing a dramatic push, or
      dramatists
      > thinking they could channel the chaos with some well placed fireworks.
      >
      > For what it's worth...
      >
      > >Val here pointed out something I missed. You were right about the
      > >streams being over and under, but that's all ancient history now
      > >because both streams are now incarnated together, as Dr. Steiner
      > >predicted for the end of the 20th century.
      >
      > >And boy oh boy, do we have scores to settle!!!
      >
      > >Tom
      >=========================

      Hi Scott,

      Thank you so much for your contribution here. I certainly more than
      resemble that remark. It kind of fits me to a "T", doesn't it? The T
      for Tom!

      Plus Brian Gray and I were classmates together back when both of us
      were attending Rudolf Steiner College in the early 80's, so, from that
      spirit-rich environment, I also learned exactly which sacred
      proportions of which alchemical "gunpowder and nitroglycerine"
      elements, as it were, to custom make those projectiles for later use.

      Let's just say that Brian Gray would have many more stories to tell
      about me than I would about him, only because he behaved so goodly
      while I behaved so badly. And it's human nature to remember much more
      vividly the "behaving badly" stories than the "behaving goodly"
      ones.

      So here I had built up this stockpile of "Platotelian" WMD's but was
      so frustrated because I really had no outlet for my destiny calling.
      And then, in the mid 90's, along came the Internet.

      And I've been in "hog heaven" ever since.

      By the way, Scott, since you brought this up, maybe you could act as a
      kind of unofficial scorekeeper. To be karmically fair, I should lob
      grenades equally into both camps. I would request you to let me know
      if you feel I am bombing too much of one side and too little the other.

      On the other hand, perhaps equality is an abstract ideological
      consideration because my own sense is that I throw the bombs where
      they are karmically needed, and that means that I may have to
      concentrate on one camp for a long time.

      Anyway thanks again for unlurking. I hope my Scorpionic destructivity
      will be right kind of spiritual demolition work that opens up the
      forum and the field for some new anthroposophical thinking and insights.

      Tom

      Tom,  if a 'T' reveals your double nature,  then does my Car-ol mean that I embrase both streams as well?

      As for your scorpionic destructiveness,  I can gladly say that through having raised two boys,  (though perhaps girls may have given the same effect)  I received the necessary 'educational opportunity' to begin to discover how to appreciate and recognise the fine balance between  the surface message with the underlying intent.

      Perhaps many familial conflicts would soften if parents exercised more of an ear to their children's underlying messages when they are conveyed through spontaneous  and highly unpragmatic 'forms'.

      And so have I 'indirectly' identified Tom as still knowing a  'youthful nature'?

      You see Tom, and as you know quite well,   Anthroposophy is really here,  where all pretense and glamour have no place,  but where all human life simply and naturally filters through. c.

    • isenhart7
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
        Tom wrote:

        > So here I had built up this stockpile of "Platotelian" WMD's but was
        > so frustrated because I really had no outlet for my destiny calling.
        > And then, in the mid 90's, along came the Internet.

        I wonder if this echos the feeling of the Platonists who (supposedly)
        couldn't incarnate until now.

        > And I've been in "hog heaven" ever since.

        "I've never been to heaven
        but I've been to Oklahoma."

        Val
      • isenhart7
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
          The ancient Greek injunction, 'Man, know yourself,' out of the old
          mysteries has been transformed today into a mighty question: 'Can you,
          O Man, recognize yourself as microcosmic and macrocosmic being
          inhabiting two worlds that are united in your heart? Discover the
          threefoldness of your essential being, the fourfoldness of the life
          body that permeates you, the sevenfoldness of the soul forces that
          animate you, the twelvefoldness reflected in the eternal nature of the
          Self.'

          Rene Querido
          The Golden Age of Chartes
          The Teachings of a Mystery School and the Eternal Feminine