The Etherisation of the Blood

  • carynlouise24
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2007
      `The Spirit works into everything in Art as in the evolution of
      humanity' Rudolf Steiner

      Hi Bradford

      Thank you for your reply, lots to think about, and thanks for
      decribing the film What Dreams May Come.

      Following the character Chris into the after life we can see we are
      been shown he has entered Kamaloca, the region soon after the Gate of
      Death once the physical and etheric bodies have been laid aside.

      Here in Kamaloca, the region within the orbit of the Moon, our astral
      body lives still possessing the peculiarities it had on earth for the
      Kamaloca region is connected with our feelings and emotions.(1)

      His surroundings; the beautiful images in the artwork come from
      within him as-
      `The condition of the soul expands into an outer world and the
      condition now you experience yourself within yourself for the inner
      power of illumination can only be sustained when the human being is
      time and time again thrown back upon himself'. (2)

      `If you carefully remember the descriptions of spiritual science, you
      will no doubt remember what it says in regard to the Moon stage of
      development, namely, that something also split off during the Earth-
      development; it went out into the world's spaces from the Saturn, Sun
      and Moon stages of development. A very strange thing is connected
      with this splitting-off process, namely, we were turned inside out!
      Our inside became our outside and our outside became our inside'. (3)

      `In the physical body we become conscious that there is an object
      outside us because the object makes an impression upon our eye and
      upon our senses. In the spiritual world it is different. The eye of
      the soul after death does not, for instance, see an Angel or another
      human soul which is also in the spiritual world, the eye is not
      conscious of seeing an Angel outside itself, it is the exact opposite
      of the physical world'. (4)

      Here, in the film, we see Chris begins to perceive things – the
      artwork in this case – that are the expression, not of anything
      physical but of soul and spirit. Soul and Spirit Beings.

      `These beings present themselves to him as an external spiritual
      world, just as stones, plants and animals present themselves to the
      sense in the physical world – further these beings change according
      as man has this or that thought or feeling towards them.' (5)

      `These Beings are the whole world and activity of the Hierarchies,
      the Angels, Archangels, Archai'. …. (6)

      `When you perceive red in the spiritual world, you are in the
      presence of a spiritual being whose will is unfolding, actively
      shinning out, manifesting in this colour. Yet you feel yourself
      contained within this will'. (7)

      And so we see Chris has brought with him into Kamaloca beautiful
      memories – for they are memories – Living Memories. (8) fill of
      emotions and feelings particular to Kamaloca region and although they
      do not exactly free him to become whatever he wishes them to be – his
      thoughts and feelings towards the memories may change. (5)

      Arthur, Chris's guide, I would say is Chris's Double.

      `According to a certain law of the spiritual world, this – the
      man's `Double' – is bound to be the very first impression man
      receives an entering the spiritual world' (9)

      `The Guardian of the Threshold – in the course of time between death
      and new birth, while man's soul and spirit are undergoing
      development, the Guardian progressively reveals himself to him. Were
      man to enter the world of soul and spirit without encountering the
      Guardian of the Threshold, he would be liable to succumb to one
      delusion after another for he would never be able to distinguish
      between what he himself brings into that world and what rightly
      belongs to it. In meeting the Guardian the pupil learns to know what
      he has within him'. (10)

      `In the physical world sound judgment by reference to facts corrects
      any illusions in the physical world of the senses. No sooner,
      however, have we penetrated into supersensible realms that we find a
      different state of affairs. In the supersensible world the illusion
      becomes incorporated in the outerfact. The pupil is able to
      obliterate what comes from himself if he first made acquaintance with
      his own Double; he will be able to get rid of this source of delusion
      when he has learned to recognize from its very nature and character
      whether a fact of the Supersensible world is reality or mere
      delusion'. (11)

      - What Dreams May Come - to be continued; Mercury Sphere, Venus
      Sphere, Sun Sphere … speaking in the after life is it possible?

      `It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles' Tennyson.