Re: Fwd: Kissing Up to Adolf

  • carol
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 28, 2007

      Well Steve, I found the lecture quite to the point- that is the point which should, in my opinion,  be admitted,  studied and reflected upon by all Anthroposophists today in light of that which  is 'dangling' in the air of our collective soul fabric.

      That an Anthroposophist today can readily and without illiciting any objections,  put forth a proposition that anyone who 'thinks' about the last World War needs to be apprehended and subjected to torture in view of an effective reeducation SERIOUSLY REPRESENTS in my opinion,  the continuation of something which 'should not grow on the ground of anthroposophy although it sprouts in quite different soil'.

      And also, that such a view be upheld by so called Anthroposophists as the right one,  as well as a complementary one which stipulates that it is ONLY RIGHT to rally oneself behing such a view, at risk of finding oneself in the 'dangerous and unknown zone', REPRESENTS to me to what extent  a ripple effect was caused by the last great war, into the minds and feelings of all people, including the Anthroposophic community,  and to what extend and how readily  many of it's members will sacrifice the core Anthroposophic spirit over to it's opposing spiritual ones....

      I consider this problem to be profoundly dangerous.

      "...Now it must be strongly emphasized that during the war, when countries were tearing each
      other apart, members of sixteen or seventeen nations were present here and working together; it must be
      emphasized that the Anthroposophical Society passed through this period without in any way forfeiting its
      essential nature.

      But neither must it be forgotten that all the feelings which passed through people's
      minds during this period, and thus also through the minds of anthroposophists
      , had a splintering effect on the Anthroposophical Society in many respects. This cannot be denied....

      ...But anyone watching these things will have noticed that the Society could not avoid the ripple effect,
      even if it appeared in a somewhat different form from usual, and that in this context something came
      strongly to the surface
      which I have described before by saying that in this third phases we saw the
      beginnings of what I might call a certain inner opposition to the tasks I had to fulfill in the Anthroposophical Society....

      ...Now at a certain point of the third phase during the war, I wrote the booklet Thoughts in Time of War.
      This particular work elicited inner opposition which was especially noticeable. People told me that they
      thought anthroposophy never intervened in politics, as if that booklet involved itself with politics ! And
      there was more of the same

      . Something had affected them which should not grow on the ground of
      anthroposophy although it sprouts in quite different soil.
      There were quite a few such objections to
      Thoughts in Time of War, but I am about to say something terribly arrogant, but true nevertheless; no
      one ever acknowledged that the whole thing was not really comprehensible to them at the time
      but if they
      waited until 1935 they might perhaps understand why that booklet was written...."

      LECTURE SEVEN
      The Consolidation of the Anthroposophical Movement
      Dornach, 16 June 1923

      > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale" sardisian01@
      > wrote:
      >
      > > So, yes, I will continue this thread in a little while because the
      > > subject of the compromise of 1901 hasn't really been dealt with, and
      > it
      > > represents the key factor then as well as now. But also, I have some
      > > material concerning a certain prescience on the part of Rudolf
      > Steiner
      > > concerning 1935, coming twelve years beforehand. And it is quite eye-
      > > opening. Also, it seems that Mr. Prokofieff was given more than a
      > > little indication of what occurred between 1925 and 1935, such as to
      > > make him feel that he himself had taken on at least part of the karma
      > > of Rudolf Steiner. And this is worth getting into a bit as well.
      >
      > For those interested, please read the seventh lecture of Steiner's
      > lecture course: The Anthroposophic Movement, which I have posted into
      > the files section under the title: "The Consolidation of the
      > Anthroposophical Movement". It describes how the outer opposition
      > toward the movement from its origination, took on an inner character at
      > the time of the outbreak of WWI, and how it would have been possible
      > for everything Steiner had said up til 1914 to have sufficed for the
      > duration of the 20th century if it had not been for the war.
      >
      > It was due to the onset of the war, and its prescience, that Steiner
      > felt that a visible homage to the spirit needed to be constructed. And
      > this was started in May of 1913. This had the effect, of course, of
      > creating a whole new area of opposition to the science of the spirit
      > being divulged to the intellect of mankind at that time. And so, the
      > work went on of describing how the necessity of freedom required the
      > path and obstacles to be faced.
      >
      > But now, the opposition had entered the society itself. This is what
      > Rudolf Steiner emphasizes most in this lecture. At the midpoint of the
      > year that began with the burning down of the Goetheanum, while actively
      > contemplating the future course to be felt later on with the CC of
      > 1923, this is what he says. And pay close attention please, because he
      > knows what the future will bring. In spite of all his enormous
      > efforts, he knows what the immediate future will bring.
      >
      > Steve

    • Stephen Hale
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 28, 2007
        > ...Now at a certain point of the third phase during the war, I
        wrote the
        > booklet Thoughts in Time of War.
        > This particular work elicited inner opposition which was especially
        > noticeable. People told me that they
        > thought anthroposophy never intervened in politics, as if that
        booklet
        > involved itself with politics ! And
        > there was more of the same. Something had affected them which
        should not
        > grow on the ground of
        > anthroposophy although it sprouts in quite different soil. There
        were
        > quite a few such objections to
        > Thoughts in Time of War, but I am about to say something terribly
        > arrogant, but true nevertheless; no
        > one ever acknowledged that the whole thing was not really
        comprehensible
        > to them at the time but if they
        > waited until 1935 they might perhaps understand why that booklet
        was
        > written...."
        >
        > LECTURE SEVEN
        > The Consolidation of the Anthroposophical Movement
        > Dornach, 16 June 1923

        For those who are at least somewhat familiar with the work of Sergei
        Prokofieff, he is the one who has done the most to revive an
        interest in the Christmas Conference of 1923 after the period from
        1925-1975 in which virtually nothing was done toward the furtherance
        of the anthroposophical movement in terms of the worldwide vision
        that Steiner felt for this supersensible event. In 1986, Prokofieff
        wrote an introduction describing how he came to anthroposophy, and
        particularly how he came to write the book, "Rudolf Steiner and the
        Founding of the New Mysteries". Toward the end of this
        introduction, after naming several books that fell into his hands
        concerning the CC of 1923, he writes something that has stayed in my
        mind as a very interesting statement. See what you think. Here it
        is:

        "Shortly after my first acquaintance with the materials of the
        Christmas Conference another book fell into my hands, where the
        history of all the difficulties and conflicts within the
        Anthroposophical Society after Rudolf Steiner's departure from the
        physical plane, together with the tragedy of its culmination in
        1935, is analyzed step by step in all its details. This book made
        such an impression on me that for several days I was "physically
        ill". This difficult experience, as I have said, enabled me in a
        very small way to gain a real idea of what it meant at the time, in
        1923, for Rudolf Steiner to take upon himself the karma of the
        Society. Thus as a result of my own experience I learnt what it
        really means to become a pupil of Rudolf Steiner also in this
        sphere. In any case, having once experienced this even to a
        physical degree, I also understood the impossibility of arriving at
        simple solutions to such questions through an outward search for
        the `guilty' and `innocent' parties in these events of the past.
        The true reality of what happened lay much deeper, and it has to be
        endured if one is to be freed from the urge to resolve the problems
        associated with it through abstractly intellectual means alone.

        This tormenting experience did, however, have another side to it.
        For immediately afterwards I had the feeling that the spiritual form
        of the teacher had become even closer than before and that only
        after this experience was I fully able to consider myself his
        esoteric pupil."

        And from here, Prokofieff goes on to more or less say that he has
        now taken on the karma of Rudolf Steiner for the future of the
        movement, the Society, and the re re-founding of the Christmas
        Conference of 1923/1924. I wonder what would happen if we all got
        ahold of this book describing this ten year period (1925-1935). I
        know that it must very interesting, maybe even harrowing and
        prophetic.

        Steve
      • carol
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 29, 2007
          Steve, I wonder if perhaps that short history clip needs fall into the
          hands of a certain segment of Anthros ONLY.

          I'm under the impression that considering the complexities of the
          problems and solutions, it best BE that only a few come to reflect on
          the contents, while a few others like yourself, peice the contents
          together from 'hints' which are dropped, here and there- and who knows,
          destiny might have it that it will eventually fall into your hands.

          I only have to hop over to 'you know where' to see just how
          'sensitivity' can be bullied around and buried because of - well, you
          can probably form an image of the scope of the complexities attached to
          this as well...

          I'm looking at a comparison of the spiritual 'favor' which was bestowed
          onto the Catholic church, but then included in this, the nurturing of
          it's esoteric branches, all over a good enough period of time. The
          scope of intensity of the spiritual impulse was immense, and I
          personally do not beleive that every drop of it's (RC) 'spiritual favor'
          has completed left humanity. One only has to reflect upon the karmic
          relationships which are still fueled by former ecclesiastic encounters.
          In an immediate sense, there still dwindles spiritual forces (albeit of
          still great importance from a perspective of Devachanic science) within
          the workings of our earthly collective soul fabric.

          And so my point is that when Anthroposophy gains more 'muscle' in terms
          of presence, it may somewhat parallel the picture of former influencial
          spiritual impulses. At this moment in time, I see Anthroposophy as
          quite a young impulse, inspite of the fact that it's origins seem to lie
          in the birthing efforts of Rosicrucianism some centuries ago. (Yet
          potent enough to 'shoulder' a stigmatised living individual)

          And, seeing as Anthroposophy's purpose is the development of the
          consciousness soul, I can't see this happening with too much ease. As
          it is, there are many Michael students who are unable to UTILISE
          Anthroposophy's society because of it's predominant 'childishness' in
          the face of the forces of 'world becoming'. (You could probably
          qualify the forces cultivated within a good part of the collectivity of
          souls attached to the Society as ultimately stiffling). Note, I was as
          if 'forbidden' to get too close to the dynamics of the collectivity here
          where I live.

          And so you have it, according to what you've presented, Sergei P was
          able to understand that ' understanding it all' was going to be quite
          difficult, meanwhile, great Michaelmic outward efforts are taking
          place without a direct reference to Anthroposophy.

          So I would assume that the Anthroposophic movement/society might be to
          quite a large degree, still 'submerged' within the substrata realm of
          soul experience, with a growing few able to raise it to the surface.

          And when this occurs, it becomes confirmed by yet another living soul
          that a simple solution is out of the question.

          C.

> [...]
          > endured if one is to be freed from the urge to resolve the problems
          > associated with it through abstractly intellectual means alone.
          >
          > This tormenting experience did, however, have another side to it.
          > For immediately afterwards I had the feeling that the spiritual form
          > of the teacher had become even closer than before and that only
          > after this experience was I fully able to consider myself his
          > esoteric pupil."
          >
          > And from here, Prokofieff goes on to more or less say that he has
          > now taken on the karma of Rudolf Steiner for the future of the
          > movement, the Society, and the re re-founding of the Christmas
          > Conference of 1923/1924. I wonder what would happen if we all got
          > ahold of this book describing this ten year period (1925-1935). I
          > know that it must very interesting, maybe even harrowing and

        • Stephen Hale
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 29, 2007

            > Steve, I wonder if perhaps that short history clip needs fall into the
            > hands of a certain segment of Anthros ONLY.
            >
            > I'm under the impression that considering the complexities of the
            > problems and solutions, it best BE that only a few come to reflect on
            > the contents, while a few others like yourself, peice the contents
            > together from 'hints' which are dropped, here and there- and who
            knows,
            > destiny might have it that it will eventually fall into your hands.

            Here is one very important piece. It is a brief outline of a much
            larger work that involved an investigation into what the CC of 1923 was
            all about, and just what it was designed to achieve. And also how it
            was effectively terminated on December 29, 1925, when the GAS decided
            to shut its doors and go into hiding.

            And it wasn't until 1944, 21 years after the conference in which Rudolf
            Steiner invoked an initiation of 800 people for the future of modern
            spirituality, that Marie Steiner relented and made the CC proceedings
            and the foundation stone meditation generally available for the first
            time. And by then, many of these 800, who were certainly poised at the
            time when the meditation was first invoked, had moved on.

            The secret to all this concerns what was ultimately revealed in the
            Karmic Relationships lectures wherein the karmic connections of the
            anthroposophical movement itself was explained. And how the foundation
            stone meditation conducted over the course of the nine days was the
            basis for a quick reincarnation before the end of the 20th century,
            including Steiner himself.

            Thus, it could certainly be said that the activities that Rudolf
            Steiner conducted in the nine months after the Christmas Conference of
            1923 were of an oracular nature; a Saturn Oracle to be exact.

            Here is the outline that formed the basis for the very first general
            membership initiative to the GAS, offered in February of 1997. It
            contains a very brief but interesting history of what happened; but not
            why. There's more to 'that' story. - Steve

            http://www.heaf.freeuk.com/nr46.htm
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 4, 2007

              "Washington, D.C, December 3, 2007: "A delayed action bomb is in the process of going off. It seems that in the `40s. our wonderful CIA hired a number of ex-Nazis of some high rank and bad reputation to work for them, mostly in Europe. Now, it turns out that they also hired the head of the Gestapo and brought him to the United States! They have tried to sit on this one, and other such types, for some years now but the real story is coming out. They also sponsored a Walter Rauff (who invented the notorious gas vans) and the really awful Dr. Mengele. The latter, who used to experiment with Jewish twins at Auschwitz, was part of one of the CIA's nutty programs to genetically create people. Also, there is a file floating around that the CIA is frantic to sit on, that discusses using microwaves to exert mind control. The did this down at Warrenton and used "volunteer' black county jail inmates. Putting people in a room and turning on massive microwaves only cooked two of them, very well-done. They dumped the bodies on a neighbor's farm. Aren't the CIA wonderful people?  Here is an accurate account taken from Wikipedia and written by a former CIA operative.  Spastic colon, here we come!"

               http://www.tbrnews.org/Archives/a2796.htm

              Employment by the CIA and Biographical Sources

              Wikipedia:

              Heinrich Müller, born April 28, 1900, was allegedly killed in the street fighting in Berlin in 1945 when the Soviet Army seized the German capital. In a Berlin cemetery there is a grave with a headstone, claiming that Heinrich Müller was buried underneath it. The memorial stone did not indicate that Müller had been an SS-Gruppenführer and a Lieutenant General in the German Police and that since 1935, was the head of the German Gestapo or the Secret State Police. On September 25, 1963, the body was exhumed for identification.

              The exhumation had been requested by the West German Ludwigsburg Center that dealt with ex-Nazis sought for prosecution. This Center had information that Müller was not dead and was, in fact, gainfully employed by a foreign government. One of the first steps in proving this was to ascertain whether the corpse in the grave was that of Heinrich Müller who had been issued a death certificate from the Death Bureau of Berlin-Center numbered 11 706/45. A subsequent pathological examination proved that there were the remains of three different men in the grave, none of whom were Heinrich Müller

              The man being sought was the son of a minor official, had completed a primary school education, had taken technical training in aircraft engines, worked for the BMW factory, building aircraft engines and in June of 1917 had joined the German Army. Because of his background, after his preliminary training, Müller was assigned to Flieger Ausbildung Abteilung 287 in April of 1918. In the seven months remaining before the war ended, Müller was promoted to NCO in August of 1918 and won the Iron Crosses First and Second Class. He was also awarded the Bavarian pilot's badge and after injuring his leg in an aircraft accident, the retired Bavarian pilot's badge.

              Müller served on the Western Front throughout the war. When the war was over, Müller joined the Munich Police in 1919 as a junior assistant. He passed his entrance examination and became a police officer. He was promoted to Police Secretary in 1929 and was in Section VI of the Bavarian State Police, a unit that dealt with Communist activity. In 1934, Müller and a number of his associates were transferred to the Gestapo in Berlin and joined the SS as a Sturmführer on April 20, 1934. In 1935, Müller was head of Department II (Gestapo). In 1936, he was head of the Gestapo division of the headquarters of the Security Police (Sicherheitspolizei). In 1937, he was promoted to senior police official (Kriminalrat) and in 1939, to the rank of Reichskriminaldirektor or Director of Police.

              In May of 1945, Heinrich Müller was last seen in Hitler's Berlin bunker. Shortly after the city fell lto the Russians, the body of a senior SS officer, his wife and three children at the Air Ministry complex. The body was identified as SS General Heinrich Müller of the Main Security Office, the RSHA. This, however was not the head of the Gestapo. He was Dr. Heinrich Müller of the RSHA legal department. Gestapo- Müller was born April 28, 1900, and his SS number was 107 043 while the Müller found in Berlin was born June 7, 1896 and his SS number was 290 396 (Source: `Dienstalteresliste der Schutzstaffel der NSDAP, Berlin 1944, pps 11-12)

              Immediately following the war, in May of 1945, Gestapo- Müller was put on the American Intelligence CROWCASS (Central Registary of War Crimes and Security Suspects) list of war criminals sought for arrest and prosecution. In 1946, U.S. CIC reported that Gestapo-Müller had escaped to Switzerland using the name Schwartzer. (Source: U.S. Army Intelligence file on Heinrich Müller XE 23 55 39 WJ p. 126)

              In 1948, the CIA had taken over the intelligence organization being formed by the former Wehrmacht General, Reinhard Gehlen who worked prior to this for the U.S. Army. The organization was led by Lt. Colonel James Critchfield and was stationed at Pullach, south east of Munich. At this time, Colonel Critchfield's top recruiter was one Willi Krichbaum, then resident at Bad Reichenhall. Although Critchfield denied it later, Krichbaum was a Senior Colonel (Oberführer) in the Gestapo and Müller's former deputy. He was born May 7, 1896 and his SS number was 107 039. During the war, Krichbaum was commander of the Geheime Feld Polizei of the Wehrmacht. (Source: Dienstalteresliste der Schutzstaffel der NSDAP, Berlin 1944, p. 29)

              Müller had been working for Swiss intelligence under Paul Masson as an expert on Communist infiltration, was put in contact with Colonel Critchfield by Krichbaum and in August of 1948, interviewed at his home in Geneva, Switzerland by James Speyer Kronthal, the CIA's station chief in Bern, Switzerland As the result of inquiries into the postwar survival of Heinrich Müller and his employment, in the United States, by the CIA and the U.S. Army, the German government's main legal center wrote, in a report dated January 31, 2000, that although Müller was reported to have died in Berlin in 1945, their report (110 AR 1619/97), stated that Müller had escaped to Switzerland and had gone to work for the American CIA and was settled, under a false name, in Washington, was a member of the U.S. Army and died in 1973. (Source: Zentrale Stelle der Landesjustizverwaltugen Report no. 110 AR 346/.2000)

              Because the hiring of Heinrich Müller was considered to be a potential serious public relations disaster, some effort has been made to strongly distance the CIA from this employment by claiming that Müller may have survived the war but never was employed by the United States government in any capacity. Photographs of Müller in the uniform of the U.S. Army's General Staff, taken by the U.S. Army Signal Corps, show him at a White House conference with President Truman in 1949

              In 1967, a series of articles on Heinrich Müller appeared in the German media, claiming he was living in Panama but it was subsequently proven that the man, who bore slight resemblance to Müller, was an expatriate American.

              American archival and published sources:

              U.S. Army Intelligence Records, Ft. George Meade, MD File no XE 23 55 39 WJ U.S. National Archives : P&O File 311.5 TS (Sections I,II,III) 1948 top secret decimal file, Records of Army General Staff, RG 319, NA Trento, Joseph, `The Secret History of the CIA", Random House, 2001, pp 29, and fn 5

              National Archives Washington: Repositur (Record Group) 200, (Dwork-Ducker Papers)

              German archival sources:

              Bundesarchiv Koblenz Nachlaß Himmlers: NL 126 Akten des Persönlichen Stabes Reichsführer SS: Bestand NS 19/1686. 1703, 1813, 2011, 2040 ,2556, 2648, 3464, 3874 Einsatzbefehle und sonstige Anweisungen des Chefs der SIPO und des SD an die Einsatzgruppen in der Sowjetunion: R70 SU/32 Ohlendorf-Prozeß, Nachfolgeverfahren des Nürnberger Prozessen über die Tatigkeit der Einsatzgruppen: Bestand All. Proz. 1, Rep. 501, XXVII, El8 (Anklage Paul Blobel)

              Bundesarchiv, Abteilungen Potsdam: Akten des RSHA Bestand R58/18, 67, 93, 141, 142, 214, 239, 241, 242, 243, 265. Akten der Parteikanzelei: NS 6/16, 22 Unterlagen aus dem Archiv des ehemaligen Ministeriums für Staatssicherheit, Abteilung 9/11 Aktenzeichen ZR 759 A. 14.

              Institut für Zeitgeschichte in München: Zeugenaussagen: Bestand ZS 539, ZS 573 (Dr. Emanuel Schäfer), ZS 584 (Willy Litzenberg), ZS 1746 (Adolf Eichmann), ZS 1939 (Dr. Böhme), ZS 1940, ZS 2335 (Dr. Walther Stepp) Aufzeichnungen von Rudolf Hoess über Heinrich Müller, F 13/Bd 6, Blatt 339 - 342 Mikrofilm: MA 433, 443, 445 Beweisdokumente der Israelischen Polizei aus dem Eichmann-Prozeß: Eich Nr .299, 333,1395 Bestand Fa 506/8, Fa 18311, Fa 21:Wunveröffentlichte Dokumente der Alliierten aus dem Nürnberger Prozeß: L-35

              Staatsarchiv München: Bestand Polizeidirektion München 6900, 6905, 6954, 8377; Akten der Regierung von Oberbayern, Kammer des Innern, Regierungsabgabe: RA58148

              Bayerisches Hauptstantsarchiv München: Akten des Staatsministeriums des Innern: Bestand M Inn 71469, 71880, 71881, 71920, 71936,72059, 72060 und 76234, 272,276, 343, 400, 840. 1027, 1086, 1131

              Staatsarchiv München: Karteikarte des Einwohnermeldeamtes, Signatur: PMB M 259 Polizeipräsidium München (bis 27. 10. 1976 Polizeidirektion), Personalabteilung: Karteikarte von Heinrich Müller.

              Staatsarchiv Nürnberg: Unveröffentlichte Dokumente der Alliierten aus dem Nürnberger Prozeß" NO245, NO255, NO441, NO608, NO744, NO 1533, NO 1973, N02522, N02550, NO 381 8, NO 4631, NO 4633, NO 4636, NO 4658, NO 4700, NO 4999, NO 5322 NID9915 NG 237, NG 362, NG 2354, NG 2550. NG 2652, NG 3522, NG 3700, NG 3746, NG 4275, NG 5178, NG 5554, NG 5764 PS 1151, PS1165, PS1276, PS 1682,152375,PS2377, PS2615.PS3319 (7), PS3166, D 046, D 050 US 557 USSR-413 NOKW 040, NOKW 134

              Archiv der Hauptschule Schrobenhausen: Zensurbuch der freiheren Deutschen Werktagsschule zu Schrobenhausen aus den Jahren 1906-1908

              Zentrale Stelle der Landesjustizverwaltung in Ludwigsburg: Aktenzeichen 1 AR 422/60, 415 AR 422160, 1Js 1/65 (RSHA), 1Js 4/65 (RSHA), 1Js 7/65 (RSHA) und 1Js 12/65 (RSHA)

              Staatsanwaltschaft Berlin: Ermittlungsverfahren gegen Heinrich Müller wegen Mordes; Aktenzeichen 1Js l/68 (RSHA)

              British Archival Sources:

              Public Records Office, Kew, Richmond: Akten der Britischen Militärgerichte: WO 235/430, 573, 574