Re: thanksgiving

  • carol
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "kosmicdance" <kosmicdance@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Carol
      > Thats a really nice picture. I was just thinking today on the bus to
      Fuzhou how utterly ugly China is. The landscape of course where there
      they haven't erected anything is still wild and untamed and fabulous.
      Reminds me of Africa

      > How did they go from such artisitic, ornate and exquisite buildings to
      what mars the landscape today I dont know.
      > However as China becomes more affluent their newer buildings are a
      dramatic improvement and facelift.

      > I am thinking along the lines of soup as well. I will need to get the
      gas bottle refilled and swill out the wok, head a mile down to the
      market and a mile up the mountain lugging it home. I have decided - I
      could make soup. Seasonings will be difficult but at least I can get the
      basics and I was never an expert on herbs anyway. So no reason why I
      shouldn't use a bit of guessology with the chinese variety. Try a bit of
      this and that.

      > Here are some pictures of a temple in Fujian.
      >

      > Now notice the attention to detail... the inside of the roof ..
      >

      > I have loads more might get them up on a web page one day

      Missed on the pictures, I find that often I can simply copy and paste
      pictures if I use the 'rich text' choice. I don't know how it's done if
      you're using email.

      About a month ago, as automn intensified, I picked up a small stock of
      'royal jelly' (the bee product). I find that it's a great means for
      getting the interior heat generator buzzing. In fact, I didn't even
      finish my second small container, I seem to be OK with the cold. It
      appears to me to work alittle like homeopathy does.

      Don't know if bee products are available in China- there must certainly
      be existing bees- whether or not they are 'domesticated' may be the
      question.

      I've been thinking about the risks of living in China this week after
      watching the latest documentary film by Alex Jones. I'm suspicious that
      a few other asian countries may be a little more easy on the expression
      of fundamental 'individual freedoms ' ex. Japan, not sure about the
      others. But considering the fragile times that we are ALL living, it
      might be worth doing a meticulous measurement of the differences, and
      take this into consideration when choosing where to settle and work.

      I've been putting together peices of the African puzzle lately as well.
      The long term outlook doesn't impress me as looking too promising for
      south african whites but maybe their numbers are great enough to resist
      the interventions which the 'new world order' have been pushing forth
      in a round about way onto much of the continent. From what I can see,
      there is incredible unrest escalating as a result serious and deceiptful
      western scientific and strategic meddlings. C.

      > Hi Karen, it's Christmas-y over here. Thankgiving was in mid October
      for me. John Lennon's 'And so this is Christmas' played on the radio
      today...been making pots of soup lately.