Fwd: Re: Left Brain Right Brain

  • tmasthenes13
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13"
      <TomBuoyed@...> wrote:

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Mike helsher"
      <mhelsher@> wrote:

      > Interesting, I could not get the thing to go counter clockwise if my
      > life depended on it. Says that some people can switch over but not me!
      > I'm completely right brain and I love it.
      >
      > Which way does the dancer spin for you!
      >
      > http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22556281-661,00.html
      >
      > Mike
      =========================
      Hi Mike!

      Many thanks for posting that left-brain/right-brain test. For myself,
      I have the experience of watching her go clockwise for 10 seconds and
      then toggle back to CCW, and back again to CW in ten seconds. It's
      very much like drawing the cube in 3-D perspective --- at one time you
      see the front face; then it toggles into the back face, then toggles
      to the front, etc.

      But meanwhile --- because I'm an Aspie with such high-functioning
      (sic) Broca's, i.e. left brain hyperlexia --- I was much more
      intrigued by the text of the article than the picture. (Hey, sic
      sounds like sick. Get it? Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!)

      So what I have done below is put side by side the comparisons of the
      left and right brain keyword concepts, followed by the obvious
      designation of Luciferic and Ahrimanic and of course WC vs. AT

      LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS --------------------RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

      uses logic ----------------------------- uses feeling
      detail oriented -------------------------"big picture" oriented
      facts rule ----------------------------- imagination rules
      words and language --------------------- symbols and images
      present and past------------------------ present and future
      math and science ----------------------- philosophy & religion
      can comprehend ------------------------- can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
      knowing -------------------------------- believes
      acknowledges --------------------------- appreciates
      order/pattern perception --------------- spatial perception
      knows object name ---------------------- knows object function
      reality based -------------------------- fantasy based
      forms strategies ----------------------- presents possibilities
      practical ------------------------------ impetuous
      safe ----------------------------------- risk taking

      AHRIMANIC--------------------------------LUCIFERIC

      Waldorf Critics -------------------------Anthroposophists

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      You know we could categorize each of us subscribers by an index. LBR
      for Left Brainer; RBR for Right Brainer. There are 15 categories
      listed. You would check off which side describes you better and then
      tally up the results.

      For example, I would predict that Dottie would get an LBR of 3 and an
      RBR of 12 whereas Diana might get LBR=9 and RBR = 6.

      Hey, we could collect data for all of us. Dan could poll everybody on
      WC and Tarjei do the same on AT. We could then compile the LBR and RBR
      indices for each group and compare. (How left brain of me to get so
      factual and form a strategy!!!)

      Anyway, one thing I would like to observe about the category of LBR
      "knowing" while the RBR "believes"

      I would add that the LBR "Knows that he/she believes" while the RBR
      "believes that he/she knows." That distinction really sums up a lot
      of the wondrous never-ending conflicts on WC vs. AT. (How right
      brain of me to conjure up a `big picture'!!!)

      What a great pattern I see! Whoops, there I go toggling back to left
      brain again.

      At this point, lest I get dizzy, I need to step back and practice some
      PoF "pure thinking," which involves neither brain at all!!! Besides,
      no eurythmist would ever twirl on one foot like that dancer!!!

      Tom

      PS This exercise might have poor Valentin Tomberg spinning in his
      grave --- unless he was the Boddhisattva and is alerady born again in
      2000. Recall his critique of Anthros in the Tarot Devil Card XV,
      doing what I call "bio-dynamic bean counting" in categorizing this
      thing as Ahrimanic, that thing as Luciferic, ad infinitum, ad nauseam
      (but not necessarily ad hominem.).

      --- End forwarded message ---
    • isenhart7
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2007
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13" <TomBuoyed@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13"
        > <TomBuoyed@> wrote:
        >
        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Mike helsher"
        > <mhelsher@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Interesting, I could not get the thing to go counter clockwise if my
        > > life depended on it.

        Most likely focusing your eyes down to the floor and to the far right
        with your chin/face still in front of your monitor (keeping the dancer
        in your periperal vision) will yield a clockwise rotation while looking
        up to the far left and ceiling will yield the counterclockwise
        rotation.-Val
      • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2007
          Focus on her heel that apparently lands on the floor then she will flip for you. I am right brained but got her to go counter rather quickly. Chantel

        • carol
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2007

            Uhhm Tom,

            When participating in control groups, I'm compelled  to maintain a low profile. One of my sons has insisted that I adopt this strategy, he thinks I lack reserve inspite of my 'shy' nature.

            The following are my answers to your survey.

            My feelings configurate logic

            My expansive picture requires the support of specific related details

            My imagination  rests on (spiritual) facts.

            I feel the symbols and images but must dig up words from language to formulate them.

            I am passionate about philosophy and religion although I've internalized math and science.

            I listen to understand, but may not accept what is presented, even if I get it.

            I definitely prefer spatial perception

            For me, reality comprises carefully managed fantasy and imagination.

            I judge it more prudent to present truths as possibilities.

            I am spontaneous by nature but have a 'gift' for imposing practicality into any given situation where lack of it, risks compromising me.

            I always take risks but keep a keen watch that my 'ground' remains safe.

            C.

            PS. I'm not easily programmed- my spirit is quite obstinate..

          • isenhart7
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 9, 2007
              While I'm on the subject of skin I thought I would mention how irked I
              was to open this link and find that no one thought to mention that the
              dancer in question is black and pert of breast! It took a long time for
              me to see her turning. Before that she appeared as an alternating
              back/front and profile image which makes me think the movement is
              inferred like one of those little flashy comic books the boys used to
              make in school-or oh yeah-Da Vinci's painting of the Last Supper-Val