Re: [anthroposophy] Waking up

  • Melanie Haire
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2007
      Re: [anthroposophy] Waking up So appropriate for me today!!!

      Thankyou!

      On 6/11/07 5:48 AM, "anunda ." <anunda-@...> wrote:

      The problems in my life are in direct proportion
      to my unwillingness to swallow absolutely
      everything that's on my Path.

      The problem is not in what's showing up for me.

      The problem is in my resistance to what's
      showing up for me.

      It's in my shouting out to the Cosmos, "No. This
      should not be so!"

      When I swallow the entire "you-niverse, "
      then I am not resisting "what is."

      If I'm patient, though, then everything that
      shows up for me will eventually become edible.

      However…I must not expect it all to taste just like
      dessert!

      Play Movie Mash-up and win  BIG prizes!  <https://www.moviemashup.co.uk>

    • Stephen Hale
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2007
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "anunda ." <anunda-@...> wrote:

        > The problems in my life are in direct proportion to my unwillingness
        to swallow absolutely everything that's on my Path.The problem is not
        in what's showing up for me.The problem is in my resistance to what's
        showing up for me.It's in my shouting out to the Cosmos, "No. This
        should not be so!"When I swallow the entire "you-niverse, "then I am
        not resisting "what is."If I'm patient, though, then everything
        thatshows up for me will eventually become edible.HoweverÂ…I must not
        expect it all to taste just like dessert!

        This could be taken as an initial statement in a case study in which
        you, the client, affords a reasoned expression of their present
        situation in life. As a therapist, I would thank you for it, and we
        would agree to meet again, or not. See the ease in that? I hope you
        do because it is a matter of ease, and confidence no less.

        But, alas, you have chosen to make me a pariah instead, pushing me away
        with the very resistance you express above. And I do understand that
        kind of resistance. It can be inflicted upon the therapist, and can
        also be inflicted upon the self. At this point, you choose the latter.

        Steve
      • Nina
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2007
          --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "aykaamayee" <anunda-@...> wrote:

          > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale"
          > <sardisian01@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "anunda ." <anunda-@...>
          > > > The problems in my life are in direct proportion to my
          > unwillingness to swallow absolutely everything that's on my Path.....
          > Sounds very boring indeed to be a therapist.

          This one of the most meaningful Cayce quotes ever seen:
          "Yet as we look into the infinity of space and time we realize that
          there is then that force, that influence also that is aware of the
          needs, and there is also that will, that choice given to the souls of
          men that they may be used, that they may be one, that they may apply
          same in their own feeble weak ways perhaps; yet that comes to mean,
          comes to signify, comes to manifest in those that have lost their way,
          that very influence ye seek in the knowledge of God. For until ye
          become as a savior, as a help to some soul that has lost hope, lost its
          way, ye do not fully comprehend the God within, the God without."
          Hope you find more peace inside - NINA
          (Not given to imply that you are "lost" at all). I share Cayce cause am
          most familiar w/Cayce. At this level, see no conflict w/Steiner at
          all.
        • Nina
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 10, 2007
            --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "swirling_dervish"
            <blue_star_in@...> wrote
            > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale"
            > <sardisian01@> wrote:
            > > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "anunda ." <anunda-@...>
            > wrote:
            > Perhaps it is time for me to leave. How nice it would be if you
            > could all forget that I ever existed... :)

            This is a place with bright, caring people that want to align
            themselves with teachings of truth and power.You have the freedom to do
            what ever you want.Hope you will stay.
            Found myself divorced with children(2,4yrs)in 93. Hindu astrology
            progression had indicated that yr as one when I'd be "up the creek" and
            have to deal with what I got myself in to. Said I'd go through a series
            of challenges that would "help me" to become more "self-conscious".Was
            fortunate to study w/Harmon and June Bro at Pilgrim Institute in Boston
            and they "noticed" intense time I was having and suggested pastoral
            counselor Merle Jordan.
            Received much benefit from his knowledge and care. "Taking on the
            Gods"(parental look) and "Reclaiming Your Story:Family History and
            Spiritual Growth" are his two books. The Bros also wrote an outstanding
            book called "Growing Through Personal Crisis" which has not received
            the recognition it deserves.
            Read "Invisible Partners" by John Sanford (on Jung's anima/animus-
            male/female dynamics)and that was probably the single most helpful book
            in mental understanding.These themes were highlighted by the
            requirement to do a term paper.Chose analysis of movie "Shadowlands"
            about life and marriage of C.S.Lewis. Recall one of the best quotes
            from Robert Johnson:
            "To own one's own shadow is to reach a holy place--an inner center--not
            attainable in any other way." (fr "Owning Your Own Shadow") NINA
          • Nina
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 12, 2007
              > Hi NINA
              In fact there are no two people who
              > interpret reality in the same way.

              > "My soul spoke to me
              > I want a gentler life
              > I said, remember Love"

              Helen Palmer's "Enneagram" brought your above point home, but the
              system does attempt at similiarities...enough to offer some help to us
              in the sand pit. Let's brighten the world with the gentle reminder you
              gave. NINA