Fwd: Calendar of the Soul 30, Anthro on the Net

  • Tom Mellett
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4 7:15 PM

      -----Original Message-----
      From: randolph mccready <rgmcc@...>
      To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
      Cc: rgmcc@...
      Sent: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 2:29 pm
      Subject: Calendar of the Soul 30, Anthro on the Net

      Anthro on the Net - Calendar of the Soul
      Rudolf Steiner’s
      Calendar of the Soul[September 16, 2007 - September 22, 2007]
      Thirtieth Week
       Click here WMP or here  MP3  for audio reading
      Thinking’s fruits spring ripened in the sun
      That shines within the soul;
      Into the certainty of self-awareness
      All feeling now is changed.
      And I can sense with joy the wakening
      Of autumn’s spirit;
      Winter will arouse in me
      The summer of the soul.
      * translation by John Thomson.
      The swelling fruits of thinking
      are now ripening in my soul.
      My feeling now must transform itself
      into the certainty of self awareness.
      Filled with joy I can then perceive
      the spirit awakening force of autumn
      so that winter can awake in me
      the summer of the soul.
      * translation by Dennis Klocek.
      In the sunlight of my soul
      The ripe fruits of thinking
      Are springing forth.
      In the certainty of self-consciousness
      All feeling transforms itself.
      Filled with joy!
      I am now able
      To feel the fall spirit awaken
      within me:
      Winter will awaken
      The summer of my soul.
      * translation by Tom Mellett.
      There flourish in the sunlight of my soul
      The ripened fruits of thinking;
      To conscious self-assurance
      The flow of feeling is transformed.
      I can perceive now joyfully
      The autumn's spirit-waking:
      The winter will arouse in me
      The summer of the soul.
      * translation by Ruth and Hans Pusch
      Es spriessen mir im Seelensonnenlicht
      Des Denkens reife Früchte,
      In Selbstbewusstseins Sicherheit
      Verwandelt alles Fühlen sich.
      Empfinden kann ich freudevoll
      Des Herbstes Geisterwachen:
      Der Winter wird in mir
      Den Seelensommer wecken.
      * original German by Rudolf Steiner.
      A Sunlight in the soul
      evokes in me maturing grains of thought;
      no feeling but it aims to come of age
      in poise of settled consciousness of self;
      autumn's reveille* glad I hear begin
      winter without but summertime within.
      The Year Participated
      translation by Owen Barfield

      About the Calendar of the Soul - by Rudolf Steiner

      The year has a life of its own, and the human soul can share in that life and become part of it. In listening week by week to the changing language of the year, the soul will find a way to discover also its own nature; it will realize how forces are stirring within its being and giving it new life and strength. Such forces are awakened if one develops a profound sympathy with the course of the year and all the meaning it brings to the changing world. Only through such sympathy can the soul become aware of the fine but significant threads that bind it to the world into which it is born.
      In this Calendar the verse given for each week is intended to help the soul into an experience of that week as part of the life of the whole year. The Calendar is designed to express all that echoes in the soul when it unites itself with that life. It aims at creating a healthy feeling of at-one-ness with the goings–on of nature, and consequently a strong self-discovery, in the belief that to share in the yearly movement of the world, in the manner exemplified in these verses, is something for which the human soul has a deep longing, if only it understands its own nature.

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)