Another Judas Sonnet

  • tmasthenes13
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2007
      Carol,

      Here's another sonnet that mentions Judas. I hope it resonates with
      your comments and anthroposophical musings about Judas Iscariot.

      And thank you, Bradford, for bringing in Oedipus, whom the rest of us
      forgot, as the ultimate Source (Urquell) of the Judas line of
      incarnations.

      Tom

      -----------------------------------
      ON BEING NAKED UNDER THE APOCALYPSE
      -----------------------------------

      The cauldron boils with the blood of hope.

      The smoke of sacrifice begins to rise.

      The plumes are white! They have elected Pope!

      The heartbeat of my Church is always wise.

      When Jesus Christ was not yet saved---

      when Judas kissed Him in Gethsemane---

      when Pontius Pilate and that Herod raved---

      the stars were still in harmony.

      What makes you think it's any different now?

      as you re-read the Revelation of Saint John?

      The beast from the abyss will not know how

      the world is held together till it's gone!

      As if I know exactly who I am,

      I wish I never had a soul to damn.

      from "Post-Existential Sonnets," Folio I
      © 1987 by Tom Mellett, Austin, Texas

      Check out a few more sonnets here:
      http://members.tripod.com/~Steiner98/Sonnets/index.html