Fwd: Judas Tonight

  • tmasthenes13
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2007
      Carol,

      Now I forward a posting I made a year and a half ago during Holy Week
      2006. Finally, with the discovery of the lost Gospel of Judas, our boy
      is getting his due as the Disciple who loved Jesus the most, and
      certainly was the most highly initiated of all the other eleven dolts.

      Greater love hath no man than he, Judas, who laid down his life for
      his Friend by betraying him. Since Judas is the Scorpio apostle, you
      can't knock betrayal and deconstruction. There would have been no
      Mystery of Golgotha without the Betrayal. Check out my Elizabethan
      sonnet at the end. I wrote it 20 years ago. The couplet still holds.

      Father Tom, Judas Priest

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13" <TomBuoyed@...>
      wrote:

      Today is Holy Thursday, called Maundy Thursday in the Catholic
      tradition --- Maundy from the Latin word for "commandment," as in the
      Last Supper statement: "This commandment I give to you: love one
      another as I have loved you."

      It is also the night of Judas' betrayal and tonight on your local
      National Geographic cable channel, you can watch their Gospel of
      Judas program, a 2-hour special, since they financed the translation
      and release of the document. Check here:
      http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/

      In the light – or is it darkness? – (hard to tell the difference when
      you're clinging to a "death-raft" bobbing in the Neo-Manichaean
      stream) -- of these new discoveries, Gnostic revelations, and the
      focus on da Vinci's painting of the Last Supper --- the central icon
      of the da Vinci Code movie coming out -- I'd like to post my sonnet
      from 1987 about Judas and Jesus, called "Gethsemane Necessity."

      (Don't forget Rudolf Steiner's indications that Judas Iscariot
      reincarnated as St. Augustine, and then Leonardo da Vinci.)

      Fr. Thomasius

      GETHSEMANE NECESSITY

      When Jesus Christ was in Gethsemane,

      awaiting love's most fateful human kiss,

      He wondered if a greater enemy

      would tempt him into everlasting bliss.

      The scorpions of every desert rock

      began to dance with claustrophobic grace.

      Forlorn, a sheep had wandered from its flock.

      Its shepherd disappeared without a trace.

      The moment of the emptiness of time

      approached, and spread its bat-like wings

      across the earth, to celebrate the crime.

      In secret, Judas loved this King of Kings.

      Without a word, the Old gave way to New.

      Without the false, the Word could not be true.

      from "Post-Existential Sonnets," (Folio I)
      by Tom Mellett © 1987

      --- End forwarded message ---