Eggert Cartoon on Pure Thinking

  • tmasthenes13
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2007
      Here is the translation for Michael Eggert's latest cartoon explaining
      the concept of "Pure Thinking."

      http://www.egoisten.de/files/category-comix.html

      To follow along, I number the panels and translate the text according
      to the following conventions:

      Captions in brackets [. . . ]
      Talk bubbles: quotes in braces {". . . "}

      Tom

      Title in large bright colored font:
      ======================================
      ANTHROPOSOPHICAL CONCEPTS CONCISELY CLARIFIED!

      "PURE THINKING"

      (1) [Many people have an "Ice Age" between their ears.]

      (2) {"thinking of you…"} --- [Some people think way too much.]

      (3) {"I feel …… higher powers"}--- [Others think far too little.]

      (4) [Some people are, well, beyond hope and help.]

      (5) {"I think my thinking thinks itself."} ---
      . . .[ Some people DO achieve pure thinking . . . ]

      (6) [. . . and from there on, they can completely dispense with their
      brains.]