Michael Eggert's Anthro Cartoons

  • tmasthenes13
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2007
      I found a really funny and well done Anthro-cartoon on Michael
      Eggert's modern Anthroposophical Egoists site
      http://www.egoisten.de/

      Scroll all the way to the bottom on the homepage and you will see the
      cartoon entitled:
      "Die Frage. . . sind Anthros seltsam?"

      If it's not there, then go to this specific cartoon URL:
      http://www.egoisten.de/page144/page165/files/page165-1019-full.html

      Below I provide the English translation for the captions of each
      panel, numbered, with a descriptive reference to the image in brackets
      so you can read each panel.

      Herr Eggert is making fun of Hermann Keimeyer, a very devout and
      self-proclaimed clairvoyant German Anthro, a champion of Christian
      Rosenkreutz, who has provided much space on his own website for
      articles about Judith von Halle, our very own favorite
      Jewish-Anthroposophical Stigmata Lady in Berlin.

      Here is Hermann's homepage: http://www.hermannkeimeyer.de/

      Here is an article by Gudrun Gunderson about JvH on Hermann's site:
      http://www.hermannkeimeyer.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=40

      For more of Michael Eggert's comix, here is the thumbnail index page
      for 20 of his cartoons, all dealing with Steiner or some aspect of
      anthroposophy:
      http://www.egoisten.de/page144/page165/page165.html

      Tom

      Now my translation of the Hermann Keimeyer cartoon (I number the
      panels 1-8 starting right under the title panel):

      =================================

      [Main title in big yellow and red font]

      THE QUESTION . . . are Anthros weird?

      [Balloon coming out of Hermann Keimeyer's mouth]

      Out of love we will put aside
      All bad manners
      That we are normally known for.

      --------------------------

      [PANELS BELOW TITLE]

      (1) BUT REALLY NO MORE [WEIRD] THAN ANYBODY ELSEĀ…

      (2) [old eurythmy photo] We love to dance . . .

      (3) [Steiner in sweatshirt] We have a master. . .

      (Steiner'sweatshirt reads: "You got a problem or what?)

      (4) [eyeball photo] We believe in the spiritual world. . .

      (5) [man with skull] We ask ourselves the crucial questions. . .

      (6) [bird-like beast] We look evil right in the eye . . .

      (7) [bearded meditating Sufi] We seek enlightenment. . .

      (8) [portrait of Hermann Keimeyer] Finally, we will all become just
      like Hermann Keimeyer. . .