Fwd: Calendar of the Soul 27, Anthro on the Net

  • Tom Mellett
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2007

      -----Original Message-----
      From: randolph mccready <rgmcc@...>
      To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
      Sent: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:43 pm
      Subject: Calendar of the Soul 27, Anthro on the Net ff

      Anthro on the Net - Calendar of the Soul

      Rudolf Steiner’s
      Calendar of the Soul[September 16, 2007 - September 22, 2007]
      Autumn -Twenty-seventh Week

       Click here WMP or here  MP3  for audio reading

      Exploring inner deeps stirs up
      Longings that are promise-filled
      And in the mirror of the self
      I then may find myself, as gift of summer’s sun,
      That like a seed in the warmth of autumn’s mood,
      Lives as a force to drive my soul.

      * translation by John Thomson.
      _____________________

      To plumb into the very depths of my True Being
      arouses expectant subtle longing
      that through observing myself
      I may sense my True Essence.
      A sensing which waits in my soul like a seed
      ripening in the summer Sun. A seed
      that can carry summer warmth into moody Autumn
      as I sense the irresistably transforming forces
      of my souls destiny.

      * translation by Dennis Klocek.
      ____________________

      A yearning,
      filled with anticipation,
      stirs within me---

      so that I will find myself
      by observing myself
      as the gift of the summer sun,

      which, as a seed,
      incubating in the mood of autumn,

      lives on as the impulse
      of my soul forces.

      * translation by Tom Mellett.
      ____________________

      When to my being's depths I penetrate,
      There stirs expectant longing
      That self-observing, I may find myself
      As gift of summer sun, a seed
      That warming lives in autumn mood
      As germinating force of soul.

      * translation by Ruth and Hans Pusch
      ___________________

      In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:
      Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,
      Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,
      Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim
      In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt
      Als meiner Seele Kräftetrieb.

      * original German by Rudolf Steiner.
      ____________________

      To fathom my own Being is to stir
      a tell-tale longing -- longing that is shown,
      if then myself I scan,
      to be the bounty of the summer sun,
      be summer's bounty that lives on
      seeded in warm autumnal mood
      and germinates as vigour in my soul.

      The Year Participated
      translation by Owen Barfield

      About the Calendar of the Soul - by Rudolf Steiner

      The year has a life of its own, and the human soul can share in that life and become part of it. In listening week by week to the changing language of the year, the soul will find a way to discover also its own nature; it will realize how forces are stirring within its being and giving it new life and strength. Such forces are awakened if one develops a profound sympathy with the course of the year and all the meaning it brings to the changing world. Only through such sympathy can the soul become aware of the fine but significant threads that bind it to the world into which it is born.
      In this Calendar the verse given for each week is intended to help the soul into an experience of that week as part of the life of the whole year. The Calendar is designed to express all that echoes in the soul when it unites itself with that life. It aims at creating a healthy feeling of at-one-ness with the goings–on of nature, and consequently a strong self-discovery, in the belief that to share in the yearly movement of the world, in the manner exemplified in these verses, is something for which the human soul has a deep longing, if only it understands its own nature.