Re: Allow me

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "thecoreself" <thecoreself@...>
      wrote:

      > to introduce myself. I am a new member, living in Liverpool, England.
      > Although I am aware of who Rudolf Steiner is, I have not read any of
      > his works. I have family in Belgium who went to Steiner Schools, and
      > once stayed at a Rudolf Steiner Community in Wakefield, England which
      > I truly enjoyed. Now is the right time for me to walk on the road
      > known as anthroposophy. I look forward to my time here with the
      group,
      > and I would like to ask for advice. What books should I begin with?
      My
      > other reading includes Barry Long, Guirdjieff and Edgar Cayce. I look
      > forward to your replies.
      >
      > Lenny

      Lenny,

      The Rudolf Steiner Archive and E-Library has many books, articles, and
      lectures available for online reading and printing. Of all the many
      lectures that Rudolf Steiner gave, only three were revised by Steiner
      to correct errors in transcription, and to make them more amenable to
      the reader. These are available at the RS Archive, and are:

      Education of the Child in the Light of Anthroposophy, which gives an
      excellent introduction into the principles of spiritual science.
      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Articles/EduChild/EduChi_index.html

      The Spiritual Guidance of Man, three lectures that further elaborate
      these principles into aspects of childhood development, and spiritual
      history.
      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA015/English/AP1976/GA015_index.html

      The Mission of the Individual Folk Souls, 11 lectures, quite esoteric,
      and the basis used for much of what swarms around RS by his opponents.
      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/MissFolk1929/MF1929_index.html

      Welcome aboard,

      Steve Hale