Re: Fwd: Rabbi Gershom on Cyanide in the Holocaust

  • jmn36210
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2007

      Tom wrote:

      "Such a correction of the assertion is news enough to post here, but
      there is even more reason because Rabbi Gershom was aided by a
      mysterious unidentified woman in the USA who contacted him out of the
      blue and provided him with the Steiner text.

      Since Paulina Leonard wrote in 2004 about her strong karmic connection
      with Rabbi Gershom, I wonder if this unidentified woman he writes about
      was Paulina Leonard. Does any one know about this incident?"

      Er...Short Memory Syndrome, Tom?

      Paulina had to break a promise...in order to respond to one of your posts
      that caused an uproar on the *anthropos-views* list, back in January 1999.

      Paulina talked about a "violation of privacy" --- remember?

      Anyway, Paulina wrote in her response:

      "In regard to the cyanide issue, resolution of this matter came about for
      me some considerable time ago in the summer of 1997 through personal
      contact with Rabbi Gershom. His first german edition book (97) has a
      forward wherein he mentions this and how I was able to assist him in
      obtaining the german lecture on the cyanide question."

      In memory of Paulina,
      Jean-Marc

> [...]
      > über Zyankali gesagt hatte. Dies warschwieriger, als ich erwartet
      > hatte, weil der entsprechende Vortrag noch nichtauf englisch
      > übersetzt war. Die meisten amerikanischen Anthroposophen hattenvon
      > dieser Aussage noch gar nie gehört. Doch Gott hat mich in bezug auf
      > dieseFrage offensichtlich geführt, denn mitten in meinen
      > entmutigendenNachforschungen rief mich eine mir völlig unbekannte
      > Frau «aus dem Blauenheraus» an und fragte, ob ich je von dieser
      > Aussage Steiners gehörte hätte.
      >
      > Mit ihrer Hilfegelang es mir, das Zitat zu finden, das folgendermaßen
      > lautet:
      >
      > «Wenn Sie aberdurch Zyankali sich vergiften [beachten Sie bitte den
      > Gebrauch des Reflexivpronomens‹sich›], dann hat die Seele die
      > Absicht, überall mit jedem Körperteilchenmitzugehen, und
      > namentlich sich auszubreiten im Stickstoff und sich aufzulösenim
      > Weltenall. Das ist der wirkliche Tod von Seele und Geist.» (Rudolf
      > Steiner, Menschund Welt. Das Wirken des Geistes in der Natur,
      > Gesamtausgabe Nr. 351,Dornach 1988.)
      >
      > Der Gebrauch desReflexivpronomens «sich» – sich vergiften
      > – heißt für mich, daß an dieserStelle von Selbstmord und
      > nicht von einem Mordopfer in einer Gaskammer die Redeist. Beachten Sie
      > auch, daß Steiner im selben Abschnitt sagt, die Seele, diesich mit
      > Zyankali vergiftet, hat die Absicht, sich im Weltenall
      > aufzulösen.Auch dies weist auf Selbstmord hin, nicht auf Mord.
      >
      > In meinerTätigkeit als Rabbi hatte ich mit selbstmordgefährdeten
      > Menschen zu tun, dienicht nur sterben, sondern ihre Existenz ganz
      > auslöschen wollten. Tatsächlichglauben Menschen, die Selbstmord
      > begehen wollen, nicht an ein Leben nach demTod und erwarten, daß ihr
      > individuelles Bewußtsein aufhört, wenn sie sichgetötet haben.
      > Es gibt Menschen, die in ihrer tiefen Niedergeschlagenheitwirklich
      > wünschen, ihre Seele möge sich für immer im Weltall
      > auflösen. Sojemand könnte zu Zyankali greifen, weil es schnell
      > wirkt und sicher zum Todführt.
      >

      > Die Holocaust-Opferhingegen, die durch Zyklon-B-Gas (das Zyankali
      > enthält) getötet wurden,verübten nicht Selbstmord und wollten
      > auch nicht sterben. Sie hatten denverzweifelten Willen, mit allen
      > Mitteln zu überleben, und sie gelobten, derWelt zu berichten, was
      > geschehen war. So stark war dieser Wille, daß sie oft soschnell wie
      > möglich wiedergeboren werden wollten, mit intakten Erinnerungen anden
      > Holocaust. Jene, die nicht unmittelbar wiedergeboren wurden,
      > bliebenmanchmal in der Gegend der Greueltaten an die Erde gebunden –
      > auch wieder umZeugnis abzulegen.
      >
      > AndereHolocaust-Opfer betrachteten ihren Tod als Kiddusch ha-Shem
      > (einejüdische Form von Martyrium durch Verfolgung) und erwarteten,
      > direkt in denHimmel zu gelangen. Aber nirgends finden wir in den Annalen
      > des HolocaustBerichte von Juden, die, nachdem sie ermordet worden waren,
      > ihre ewigen Seelenim Weltall auflösen wollten. Steiners Aussage
      > über Zyankali gilt nicht für dieOpfer des Holocaust.

    • tmasthenes13
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2007

        wrote in her response:

        "In regard to the cyanide issue, resolution of this matter came about
        for me some considerable time ago in the summer of 1997 through
        personal contact with Rabbi Gershom. His first German edition book
        ('97) has a forward wherein he mentions this and how I was
        able to assist him in obtaining the German lecture on the cyanide
        question."

        In memory of Paulina,

        Jean-Marc

        Frogman Jerry! I would kiss you for this, but I won't because you'd
        turn into a pauper, not a prince.

        Thank you so much for finding this bit of Steiner Internet history.
        Hell, Froggie, I just survived my 2nd Saturn return. I'm 59 years old
        now and I don't have premonitions anymore. Instead, I now have dim
        postmonitions like I had above about Paulina.

        I'm so happy that you could confirm that indeed it was Paulina who was
        the mystery woman who helped Rabbi Gershom with the German Steiner text.

        And I'm even more happy that it was my egregious misbehavior that
        actually caused Paulina to go public with this important information.
        Just think, Jean-Marc, if I had behaved myself back then, then Paulina
        would have gone to her grave with this secret and we might not be
        having all this fun with the Holocaust, cyanide and the stigmata that
        we are having now!

        Now as for any of those posts of mine that would have caused such an
        uproar on Anthropos-Views in 1999, I honestly can't remember which one
        it would be. I do remember there were many. But, with your coy
        teasing, you are really titillating my postmonition memory.

        I'll leave it up to your discretion whether or not to reveal it. In
        fact, it might be fun to keep me guessing.

        I do vaguely recall an uproar about the post I made charting Rudolf
        Steiner's 7 incarnations. I believe I spent an inordinate amount of
        verbiage on his first incarnation as Enkidu, describing in gleeful
        detail his 7 day and 7 night sessions of mutual fructification with
        the Temple Harlot sent by Gilgamesh as a "week long fuck-a-thon."

        But I don't think that was the one that really pushed Paulina over the
        edge.

        At any rate, let us take this occasion as you say to honor the memory
        of Paulina once again and realize that she is with us in this
        discussion about the Holocaust. Make no mistake about it people.

        You know, she died 50 days ago today. That's a Pentecost you know!
        Tongues of fire and all that; speaking different languages and
        mutually understanding them.

        I would like to quote from a lecture RS gave in Paris on May 26, 1914,
        called "The Blessings of the Dead" GA 154 (Found today in "Staying
        Connected" pg. 98)

        ". . . imagine that someone who has the task of developing certain
        ideas here on earth learns how to encounter a spiritual being, in this
        case the soul of a dead person, who adds her thinking --- now modified
        by the spiritual world almost into WILLING THAT THINKS and THINKING
        THAT FEELS --- to the living person's thinking and feeling. The
        intelligent ideas that the soul in the spiritual world wants to
        produce emerge in the human being on earth.

        The dead possess feeling and willing just like they did on earth, as
        well as other soul capacities not developed on earth. Therefore, the
        dead have the desire to connect their thinking and feeling with human
        thoughts. That is why they unite with the person on earth.

        As the thinking, feeling and willing of the dead penetrate the living
        person, ideas are stimulated. Thus, the dead can experience these
        ideas, something they could not do on their own. That is why they
        communicate with human beings on earth."
        -----------------------
        And from page 100:
        ----------------------
        "The example of my clairvoyant experiences with a dead person shows
        that intelligence and thinking are specific qualities of souls living
        in a physical body, of human beings on earth. The deceased [woman]
        wanted to connect herself with a [living] human being so that what
        lived in her IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, SUPERSENSIBLE WAY could take
        the form of intelligent thoughts. The dead individual and the living
        person were thinking their thoughts together in the head of the
        latter, as it were."

        I have a suggestion that we imagine Paulina as taking part in these
        discussions.

        Tom
      • jmn36210
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 2007

          Tom wrote:

          "Frogman Jerry! I would kiss you for this,..." <snip>

          J-M:
          Tom, are you out of your mind --- or what?
          As a predator, you're not supposed to get overemotional at the sight of
          your pet prey: a coy, teasing, sneaky, cheeky, playful [and cute!] little rodent
          and cheese freak as myself :-)

          Emergency prescription: 3 'Tom & Jerry' cartoons daily...

          Tom wrote:

          "Just think, Jean-Marc, if I had behaved myself back then,..." <snip>

          J-M:
          Tom, are you trying to talk me into thinking the unthinkable? :-)
          I'm an Anthro mouse, remember?

          "He who continuously thinks about things that do not exist ends up
          living in a dream world" [RS - October 27, 1923]

          Tom wrote:

          "Hell, Froggie, I just survived my 2nd Saturn return. I'm 59 years old
          now and I don't have premonitions anymore."

          J-M:
          No premonitions anymore? And postmonitions that are poor?
          It sure sounds like Alzheimer is knocking at your door! :-)
          I mean I gave you a super big mega giant clue! --- and you "honestly can't
          remember" which post of yours prompted Paulina to complain about a
          "violation of privacy"?...
          No, I won't reveal it.

          And, honestly, I am rather skeptical about Paulina being enthusiastic about
          a *public* discussion on the *cyanide* issue...even today.
          This assumption of mine is based on our private correspondence from 1999.
          But I won't reveal that either...

          Cheers,
          Jean-Marc