The Soul Calendar

  • DocStarman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2000
      THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
      Here’s the 29th week of the "Soul-Calendar", which is made up of 52
      meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
      (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, along with 12
      images of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
      forces in the cosmos into you in the day and the Moon's position in the
      constellations each night for sensing the lunar forces, and saints and other
      spiritual figures and events to meditate on connected with specific days.
      The mantra in the original German and in English:

      Sich selbst des Denkens leuchten
      Im Innern kraftvoll zu entfachen,
      Erlebtes sinnvoll deutend
      Aus Weltengeistes Kräftequell,
      Ist mir nun Sommererbe
      Ist Herbstesruhe und auch Winterhoffnung.

      The Glowing Light of Thinking
      Within oneself powerfully to enkindle,
      Life's meaningfulness interpreting
      Out of the World-Spirit's Power-Source,
      Is to me Summer's inheritance,
      Is Fall's Rest and also Winter's Hope.

      (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
      The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
      English to German.)

      This week's mantram:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
      (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer. Last week, we felt this growing
      self-consciousness cause our being to widen: thinking found itself able to
      solve seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life, and in our feelings, many
      wishes we had given up on now we see it possible to realize. This week, we
      should feel this growing power of Thinking as the gift of our Summer
      experience, making sense out of all that seemed senseless in life; giving us
      a feeling of a restful pause and an expectation of good in the coming Winter.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
      Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th, and then begins the time of influence of the
      Scorpion on Nov. 10th. The symbolic image of Libra done from Steiner's
      sketches & indications accompanies this post as an attachment; we will send
      Scorpio's next week. The Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed
      below for each night, along with the birth & death days of some of the famous
      spiritual figures published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and
      contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m in
      the process of translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use
      with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday November 5th. Moon Aquarius. 1494 Hans Sachs born.
      Monday November 6th. Moon Aquarius. 1771 Senefelder, the inventor of
      Lithography, born.
      Tuesday November 7th. Moon Pisces. 1775 Goethe entered into Weimar.
      Wednesday November 8th. Moon Pisces. 1674 Milton died.
      Thursday November 9th. Moon Aries. Day of Remembrance of 40 Martyrs, who
      because they refused to participate in a Feast to pagan gods, were murdered
      by the Langobards.
      Friday November 10th. Moon Aries. 1483 Luther born. 1759 Schiller born.
      Saturday November 11th. Moon Taurus. Full Moon. St. Martin's Day.

      *******Dr. Starman