Re: find the Steiner-said?

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 127 , Oct 3, 2007
      To Jean-Marc, Dan, & All:

      Considering the "hundred-year law", whatever
      its exact meaning may be, it may well be that
      Rudolf Steiner has already acted upon it and
      continues to act upon it.

      Surely an important event "im geschichlichen
      Werden" (in historical becoming, evolution)
      occurred just after the turn of the 20th
      Century, when RS stepped forward in public as a
      Teacher of esotericism. He published
      *Christianity as Mystical Fact* (1902); he
      started giving esoteric lectures in semi-public,
      within the Theosophical Society, around 1902
      (wasn't it?); around 1904 the publication of
      esoteric information began in earnest with the
      appearance of *Theosophy* and *KoHW*. (Also
      around that time the Anthro Society began as
      the German Section of the TS, and in 1905 (?)
      RS started his First Esoteric School within the
      TS.)

      Flash forward the "lawful" three generations, a
      hundred years approximately, and the spirit of
      RS begins a new "impulse" in his relation to
      Earthly mankind, a new "parousia", as it were,
      of the spirit of RS. (I've mentioned this
      before on this list, but not recently.) In
      2005, as Martha Keltz has reported, the spirit
      of RS "returned" and began working with a new
      kind of closeness to Earthly life; see
      <http://www.geocities.com/steinerreturns>.

      (And apparently, in his last Earthly life RS
      prophesied that "return": Dr. Heinz Herbert
      Schoffler has reported that Walter Johannes
      Stein recorded in his notebook that Rudolf
      Steiner told him (WJS) in 1922 that he (RS)
      would return in eighty years, and in America.)

      According to Martha, the "real" name of the
      spirit of RS is *Brunnen von Christus* (Fount
      of Christ). Also -- relating to Jean-Marc's
      interest in the "Bodhisattva question" on
      another e-list -- it is Martha's opinion that
      RS/BvC is the Maitreya Bodhisattva. She may be
      supported in that opinion by Dante, who in the
      *Paradiso* named the spirit of Thomas Aquinas
      as one "of the '12 stars' circling the heads of
      Beatrice" and Dante in the Sun Sphere. --
      Compare what RS said about the Twelve
      Bodhisattvas:

      "Round about the Christ sit the twelve
      Bodhisattvas of the world, upon whom streams
      what flows from the Christ, and who elevate it,
      in the sense of increased wisdom, to higher
      principles." (9th January, 1912; Munich;
      GA0130)

      ". . . .it is normal for the Bodhisattvas to
      extend to the Buddhi-plane, or what we in
      Europe call the World of Providence. . . .
      Christ. A Being such as He, is surrounded by
      twelve Bodhisattvas; we cannot indeed speak of
      more than twelve; for when the twelve
      Bodhisattvas have accomplished their mission we
      shall have completed the period of earth-
      existence. . . . Christ . . . . is the Being
      who is in the midst of the twelve Bodhisattvas
      . . . ." (25th October, 1909; Berlin; GA0116)

      [See also 21 September, 1909; in *The Gospel of
      St. Luke"; Basel; GA 114]

      (And, so it would seem, these Bodhisattvas are
      identical with the "Masters of Wisdom and of
      the Harmony of Sensations [or Feelings]"?
      Anyway, the description of them is very close
      to that of the Bodhisattvas:)

      "Those who know that the progress of mankind
      depends upon living apprehension of the mighty
      Event of Golgotha are they who as the 'Masters
      of Wisdom and of the Harmony of Feelings' are
      united in the great Guiding Lodge of mankind.
      And as once the “tongues of fire” hovered down
      as a living symbol upon the company of the apostles,
      so does the 'Holy Spirit' announced by Christ
      Himself reign as the Light over the Lodge of the
      Twelve. The Thirteenth is the Leader of the Lodge
      of the Twelve. The 'Holy Spirit' is the mighty
      Teacher of those we name the 'Masters of Wisdom
      and of the Harmony of Feelings'. It is through
      them that his voice and his wisdom flow down to
      mankind in this or that stream upon the earth. The
      treasures of wisdom gathered together by the
      spiritual scientific movement in order to
      understand the universe and the Spirits therein,
      how through the 'Holy Spirit' into the Lodge of
      the Twelve; and that is what will ultimately lead
      mankind step by step to free, self-conscious
      understanding of Christ and of the Event of
      Golgotha" (RS: "The Deed of Christ and the
      Opposing Spiritual Powers")

      Robert continues:

      I haven't made up my mind about this, but I
      consider it a real possibility. RS said that
      the Maitreya Bodhisattva would be the mighty
      proclaimer of the Ethereal Christ, and who else
      do we know of who could compare to RS himself
      in that capacity? But RS also said some
      apparently contrary things about the
      incarnations of that Bodhisattva; for instance
      that there would be a radical change in the
      life of his Earthly human . . . uh, vehicle (?)
      around the 33rd year. Around the 33rd year of
      the life of RS he published *PoF* -- a
      significant, mighty event to be sure, but
      seemingly not such a radical change in the
      personality of RS.

      But Bodhisattva or not, RS/BvC might well be
      considered to be acting in accordance with some
      kind of "hundred-year law".

      Submitted for your consideration,

      Robert Mason

    • jmn36210
      Message 127 of 127 , Dec 6, 2007

        Carol wrote:

        "Both are none other than one as a result that I ( through choise?) took on the
        presidency of the society- the movement (as such and in a context of rapport)
        became none other than one with her(the society)."

        Jean-Marc writes:

        Through choice?
        Definitely.
        Probably the toughest choice he ever made.
        In Steiner's words, there was "an absolute risk" (un risque absolu!) involved
        in him becoming president of the AS: the eventuality that the spiritual powers
        would deny Rudolf Steiner the possibility of being *both* their messenger
        [who had occult obligation towards the spiritual world and its revelations]
        and the president of the Anthroposophical Society [with the inherent outer
        and administrative concerns]. In other words, the former benevolent attitude
        of the spiritual powers was at stake: would the spiritual world, would the
        heavens close their gates?
        But his *sacrifice* led to the exact opposite outcome: their benevolence
        became greater than ever before...
        One important aspect of this mystery is: Michael's enemies --- the *demons*
        who had managed until then to prevent Steiner from speaking of facts he had
        known for years or decades --- were themselves reduced to silence!
        In other words, the lectures on *Karmic Relationships* directly result from
        this sacrifice...

        Carol wrote:

        "You wrote: 'He represented on Earth the actual source of the reflection
        of the spiritual stream he mentioned.'
        I imagine by 'actual' you mean genuine, authentic... (?)"

        Jean-Marc writes:

        I simply meant that there would be no reflection of the spiritual stream
        at all [i.e., no anthroposophical movement on Earth at all!] --- if Rudolf
        Steiner had not initiated it, if he had not brought the initial impelling force.
        He was the *Prime Mover*, as it were... ;-)

        Carol wrote:

        (note, the exeptional phenomena of a stigmatized individual for the first time
        is attached to a spiritual impulse which is not Catholic)

        Jean-Marc writes:

        As we say in France, I sure would like to be a little mouse ( I'm Jerry! :-)
        in Rome --- because I'm wondering what kind of buzz this event is getting
        behind closed doors, in the Vatican.
        But I'm not so sure it's such *a grand event* within the Anthro world...
        After all, the crucifixion is --- Death, and the blood pouring from the wounds
        are [Steiner dixit] an expression of the excess of selfishness, an expression of
        the excess of egoism.
        I'm not talking about JvH as a person, of course.
        Gee, I thought Anthroposophy was mainly concerned with the Resurrection...

        Carol wrote:

        "This physical malaise of which he mentioned could indicate that in the months
        leading up to Christmas of that year, Steiner's soul was becoming ever
        increasingly sensitive to 'spirit dynamics' in their more specific form and that
        this sensitivity was reflecting itself within his physical organism."

        Jean-Marc writes:

        One should bear in mind that the First Goetheanum was burned to ashes...
        And an important occult consequence of this tragedy (it seems to me) was
        that --- since January 1923 [ he wrote this to Marie Steiner] --- Rudolf
        Steiner's supersensible bodies were no longer completely connected to his
        physical body...

        Carol wrote:

        "As for Rudolf Steiner the man, individual, mystic, teacher, founder of an
        esoteric movement and Society, representing MAYA, I'm confused."

        Jean-Marc writes:

        I was merely alluding to the fact that, at least in my eyes,
        the *Prime Mover* of the Anthroposophical Movement could not have
        been --- simply and solely human.

        J-M