stirring-Re: [anthroposophy] circle, etc.

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2000
      Hello sarah,
      Thanks for this.

      Responding to Bruce, i wrote on the western and northern hemisphere's
      tendency to privilege what is clockwise, and you very helpfully replied:

      >I'm reminded here of the way we stir the biodynamic preps. First in
      >one direction, then in the other, making a vortex both ways and
      >creating a "chaos" of sorts in between. Of course, neither direction
      >is "bad" (or good) but it takes stirring both directions to release
      >of the life forces of the preparations. The will of the human being
      >is called upon to persist in stirring through the chaos to create a
      >new form in the opposite direction. It's the entirety of this process
      >that enlivens the preparations, not one part by itself.
      >
      >Life lessons here! We are constantly called upon to persist through
      >chaos of one sort or the other to create new forms. We are called
      >upon not to judge the chaos as "bad" or "good", simply in between
      >forms.

      Yes, thanks for this offering and note of the practical applications in
      preparing the biodynamic preparations.

      I wonder what we could also learn in this matter of circling clockwise or
      counter in the orbits and rotations of planets, in the spiraling growth of
      certain plants, in the directions of the winds (cyclones or hurricanes,
      tornadoes, mistrals, foehn, prevailing westerlies in the north, etc.),
      waxing and waning of moon (which is an appearance, but has an effect). Our
      conventional modes of operation in the business, religions, education and
      institutions of western civilization , as i said, privilege the clockwise
      motion, which perhaps grows out of an attempt to hold on to linearity and
      the movement from left to RIGHT (RIGHT is right, so to say, as in
      correct--right handed, rights, right angles of conventional architecture,
      etc.). Then, when there is counter movement, as you say, there is this
      CHAOS.

      Also reminds me of Theodor Schwenk, and his student, Jennifer Green, and the
      whole view of Water as SENSIBLE CHAOS.

      Well, lots to understand and LIVE WITH here.

      Aho, Blessings!
      elaine

      http://profiles.msn.com