Re: [anthroposophy] object in Rosetti grail painting

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2000
      Thanks, sarah, for the clue about the object being a censor. Censors are
      fascinating to me, as is the whole idea of incense from herbs and the whole
      ritual. That would make sense that the dove is connected, when i think of
      flight, rising, spirit being...But its all beyond my intellect, more in the
      feeling realm at this point.

      I just went to the Rosetti web site, which looks very promising. I have not
      yet found the poems, though there are continual references to them. I was
      glad to see mention of Walter Pater and of Ocscare Wilde as great readers
      and interpreters of Rosetti.

      Rosetti's sister, Christina is also worthy of attention.
      Blessings,
      elaine

      http://profiles.msn.com