From Countercurrents.org

  • Christine
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2007

      Ignorance Of Iraqi Death Toll No Longer An Option

      By Les Roberts & Gilbert Burnham

      http://www.countercurrents.org/burnham230907.htm

      Not wanting to think about civilian deaths in Iraq has become almost universal. The average American believed approximately 9,900 Iraqis had died as a result of the war according to a February 2007 AP poll. Unfortunately, recent evidence suggests that things in Iraq may be one-hundred times worse than Americans realize

      We Have Nothing But Fear Itself

      By David Swanson

      http://www.countercurrents.org/swanson230907.htm

      Most Americans appear paralyzed by fear. And that includes many Americans with the power to put a halt to our slide into martial law. We have an opposition political party afraid to oppose anything. We have grassroots groups that swear obedience to the opposition party, even as the useless unopposing party condemns the activists. Those with the power to end national crimes are afraid to do so

      Next Step To 9/11 Justice

      By Joel S. Hirschhorn

      http://www.countercurrents.org/hirschhorn230907.htm

      Everyone thinks of terrorism and homeland security for lessons learned from 9/11. There is another opportunity. Make our government trustworthy and truthful