circle/vessel/Grail Cup

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2000
      Hello all,
      I am reading an interview with Jean Shinoda Bolen on stone circles and
      women's circles. I also think of the Grail, that Holy vessel and its
      circular nature.

      This is what comes, so far, in response --a poem, not entirely rational
      (smile):

      IN SEARCH OF THE GRAIL SONG

      When we enter the circle
      we take on the shape,
      not of ourselves, but of
      the circle,the whole, the way
      water, then wine takes on
      the form of the cup.
      We become the vessel,
      we become new, we bleed
      together.Our bloods mingle,
      die, become One.
      We are ready now.
      Our song is one.
      The Cup sings.

      In times long ago, a group of reverent men
      carried heavy stones to the site of Glastonbury
      to a pregnant waiting Salisbury Plain
      to make the glaring megaliths of Easter Island,
      to make the rainbow Medicine Wheels of Native America
      in praise of the Sun, in search with the Moon.
      Then men remembered and sought the Feminine within,
      sought not war, but bloodshed as release,
      as peace, as birth, as Light,as Song.

      It is the Grail Song that heals.
      It is the Grail Song that once unheard
      returns, returns.

      It is the Circle, the Vessel, the Womb
      that enfolds us, holds us,empties us,
      creates us, creates us.

      Aho!

      This love,

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • Sarah Cherry
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 30, 2000
        Thank you, Elaine!

        Blessings,

        Sarah

        >Hello all,
        >I am reading an interview with Jean Shinoda Bolen on stone circles and
        >women's circles. I also think of the Grail, that Holy vessel and its
        >circular nature.
        >
        >This is what comes, so far, in response --a poem, not entirely rational
        >(smile):
        >
        >IN SEARCH OF THE GRAIL SONG
        >
        >When we enter the circle
        >we take on the shape,
        >not of ourselves, but of
        >the circle,the whole, the way
        >water, then wine takes on
        >the form of the cup.
        >We become the vessel,
        >we become new, we bleed
        >together.Our bloods mingle,
        >die, become One.
        >We are ready now.
        >Our song is one.
        >The Cup sings.
        >

        >In times long ago, a group of reverent men
        >carried heavy stones to the site of Glastonbury
        >to a pregnant waiting Salisbury Plain
        >to make the glaring megaliths of Easter Island,
        >to make the rainbow Medicine Wheels of Native America
        >in praise of the Sun, in search with the Moon.
        >Then men remembered and sought the Feminine within,
        >sought not war, but bloodshed as release,
        >as peace, as birth, as Light,as Song.
        >
        >It is the Grail Song that heals.
        >It is the Grail Song that once unheard
        >returns, returns.
        >
        >It is the Circle, the Vessel, the Womb
        >that enfolds us, holds us,empties us,
        >creates us, creates us.
        >
        >Aho!
        >
        >This love,
        >elaine

        >http://profiles.msn.com
        >

        >http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
        >Unsubscribe:
      • Richard Distasi
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 30, 2000
          > I am reading an interview with Jean Shinoda Bolen on stone circles and
          > women's circles. I also think of the Grail, that Holy vessel and its
          > circular nature.
          >
          > This is what comes, so far, in response --a poem, not entirely rational
          > (smile):
          >
          > IN SEARCH OF THE GRAIL SONG
          >
          > When we enter the circle
          > we take on the shape,
          > not of ourselves, but of
          > the circle,the whole, the way
          > water, then wine takes on
          > the form of the cup.
          > We become the vessel,
          > we become new, we bleed
          > together.Our bloods mingle,
          > die, become One.
          > We are ready now.
          > Our song is one.
          > The Cup sings.
          >

          > In times long ago, a group of reverent men
          > carried heavy stones to the site of Glastonbury
          > to a pregnant waiting Salisbury Plain
          > to make the glaring megaliths of Easter Island,
          > to make the rainbow Medicine Wheels of Native America
          > in praise of the Sun, in search with the Moon.
          > Then men remembered and sought the Feminine within,
          > sought not war, but bloodshed as release,
          > as peace, as birth, as Light,as Song.
          >
          > It is the Grail Song that heals.
          > It is the Grail Song that once unheard
          > returns, returns.
          >
          > It is the Circle, the Vessel, the Womb
          > that enfolds us, holds us,empties us,
          > creates us, creates us.
          >
          > Aho!
          >
          > This love,
          > elaine

          > http://profiles.msn.com
          >

          > http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
          > Unsubscribe:

        • elaine upton
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2000
            Hello sarah, richard, all,

            Thanks for reading, sarah.

            And richard, thanks for the painting by Rosetti! I am not familiar with this
            painting. What is it that is above the woman's head, something gold, hanging
            out of the mouth of the bird? It's not clear on my screen.

            http://profiles.msn.com
          • Richard Distasi
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 31, 2000
              Hello Elaine, I'm glad that you liked the painting by Rossetti. It was
              submitted by another individual in another e-group (esoteric-images
              e-group). I thought it was somewhat fitting for the poem that you had
              submitted earlier. I sent an e-mail to that individual asking about the
              object that the dove (Holy Spirit) is holding in its beak. If and when I
              receive a reply I will pass it on to you. Thanks, [rick distasi].
              > And richard, thanks for the painting by Rosetti! I am not familiar with
              this
              > painting. What is it that is above the woman's head, something gold,
              hanging
              > out of the mouth of the bird? It's not clear on my screen.

              > http://profiles.msn.com
              >

              > http://www.egroups.com/group/anthroposophy
              > Unsubscribe:

            • 888
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
                >It is the Circle, the Vessel, the Womb
                >that enfolds us, holds us,empties us,
                >creates us, creates us.

                Dear Elaine,
                Thank you for sharing your poetry with us.
                I remember a couple of years back, when I was at a "Steiner"
                get-together, some folk were annoyed when others performed a circle
                dance. These critics thought this was just not "Steiner."

                The people at this school were of the New Age/"native peoples" type -
                which is pretty standard I believe. I guess parents like this see
                Waldorf as the closest thing to their views.

                Anyways, a lot of what has become "Waldorf" is not derived from Dr.
                Steiner teachings.

                I was able to point out a lecture where RS talked about the attraction
                of the circle and dancing in circles.

                Some time ago posted a description of the founding of the Order of the
                Garter. It's purpose was one of honouring the "discuss" as you have
                presented in poetic form.

                Talking of circles and things, there is the expression "widdershins" to
                describe a circle which is formed against anti-clockwise against the
                Sun. Thus it was common custom to stir a Christmas cake "sunwise" for
                instance.
                As you know, water whirlpools in a different direction down here (or up
                here depending on how you look at it). So things are quite back to front
                "over" here.

                Our clocks move clockwise only because that is how the old sundials
                "moved"- so I heard today. Is that the way it is Elaine? The shadow of a
                sundial in my part of the world moves anticlockwise- it dances in a
                different direction. Perhaps we should use anticlockwise clocks in
                honour of this.

                Fond Greetings,
                Bruce