No Subject - See Attachment

  • DocStarman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2000
      THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
      Here’s the 26th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar", the Michaelmas
      time exactly opposite Easter. The Calendar has 52 meditative mantras (which
      enable you to consciously experience the 'astral' or soul events occurring
      within you in the course of the year), 12 images of the zodiac (to be
      meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the
      day within this), and the Moon's position in the constellations each night
      (to sense the lunar forces). There's also a list of saints and other
      spiritual figures and events connected with specific days.
      The mantra in the original German and in English:

      Natur, deine mütterliches Sein,
      Ich trage es in meinem Willenswesen;
      Und meines Willens Feuermacht,
      Sie stählet meines Geistes Triebe,
      Dass sie gebären Selbstgefühl,
      Zu tragen mich in mir.

      Nature, your mother-like Being,
      I carry you in my Will-Essence;
      And my Will's Fiery Might,
      It steels my Spirit-Drive,
      That this bears Self-Feeling,
      To carry myself in me.

      (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
      The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
      English to German.)

      This week's mantra:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
      (outer)-consciousness we have in summer. Last week this developing
      self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone, so that
      the Light which within could be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This
      week is the mood of Michaelmas verse itself---the developing
      ego-consciousness we have at this season we can feel is the Being of Nature
      itself, and we carry this into our own Wills; then, the will can give 'steel'
      or backbone to the drives of our conscious human spirits, so that they have a
      stamp of Self-feeling; and if we flow with this, then, we have the experience
      of a second Self we carry within our ordinary selves.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
      Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th in our era. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's
      sketches & indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment. We
      are working on making the attachments smaller.) The Moon phases and positions
      in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the birth & death
      days of famous spiritual figures published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’:
      their lives and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on
      their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to restore the Calendar
      to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.)

      Sunday October 15th. Moon Aries. 1844 Friedrich Nietzche born.
      Monday October 16th. Moon Taurus. Gallus (the appointer of the cloisters
      of St. Gallen).
      Tuesday October 17th. Moon Taurus. Hilarius.
      Wednesday October 18th. Moon Gemini. Luke (the Evangelist).
      Thursday October 19th. Moon Gemini. Ptolemäus.
      Friday October 20th. Moon Cancer. Arthur.
      Saturday October 21st. Moon Cancer. Ursula (dignitary with 11,000 maidens
      imprisoned and executed by the Huns).

      *******Dr. Starman