Soul-Calendar

  • DocStarman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 8, 2000
      THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
      Here’s the 25th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
      52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
      (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
      the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
      cosmos in the day within this, and the Moon's position in the constellations
      each night to sense the lunar forces. There's also a list of saints and other
      spiritual figures and events connected with specific days.
      The mantra in the original German and in English:

      Ich darf nun mir gehören
      Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht
      In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.
      Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,
      Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen
      Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten
      In kalte Winterfluten.

      I'm allowed only to myself to belong
      And luminously spread Inner Light
      Into Space- and Time-darkness.
      As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,
      The Souls's Deeps shall awaken
      And waking, carry the Sun's Glow
      Into the cold Winter-flowing.

      (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
      The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
      English to German.)

      This week's mantram:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self(inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature(outer)-consciousness
      we have in summer. Last week, there was an intense becoming aware of self
      which reached down into the darkest soul-contents, and through this the Will
      was unleashed. This week this developing self-consciousness places us in a
      state where it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light which
      is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the
      solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from
      September 8th to October 12th in our era, and comes under the influence of
      Libra from Oclober 13th on. (The symbolic images done from Steiner's sketches
      & indications of Virgo and Libra accompany this post as attachments.) The
      Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along
      with the birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the
      first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
      for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
      connections.)

      Sunday October 8th. Moon Capricornus. Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502
      Founding of the University of Wittenberg.
      Monday October 9th. Moon Aquarius. Dionysius (he who conducted the
      counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method
      for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).
      Tuesday October 10th. Moon Aquarius. Gideon.
      Wednesday October 11th. Moon Pisces. 1531 Zwingli died.
      Thursday October 12th. Moon Pisces. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of
      Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).
      Friday October 13th. Moon Aries. Full Moon. Angelus.
      Saturday October 14th. Moon Aries. Callistus.

      *******Dr. Starman
    • DocStarman@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 22, 2000
        THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
        Here’s the 27th week (after Easter) of the Soul-Calendar. The Calendar has
        52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the astral
        or soul events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
        the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces into
        these in the day, and the Moon's position in the constellations is listed for
        each night to sense the lunar forces which work into the astral as well.
        Also, there is a list of saints and other spiritual figures and events
        connected with specific days of the week.
        The mantra in the original German and in English:

        In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:
        Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,
        Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,
        Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim
        In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt
        Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

        In my essence's deeps is a force:
        It excites a premonition-filled yearning
        That I in my self-contemplation find
        As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed
        In Autumn's approach warming lives
        As my Soul's Power-Drive.

        The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
        spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
        meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not what's important, but
        experience.
        original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
        English to German.

        This week's mantram:
        The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
        develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
        (outer)-consciousness we have in Summer. Two weeks ago this developing
        self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone; last week
        this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in S
        ummer, we carried into our own Wills & this gave backbone to the drives
        of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling; this is the
        solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year. This
        week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in
        our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong
        yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful
        force lives in the soul's drives which we must sense as a seed of future
        development as we press on into the Autumn.

        * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
        Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
        indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
        and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
        birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the first
        ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
        contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
        restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
        connections.)

        Sunday October 22nd. Moon Leo. 1811 Franz Liszt born.
        Monday October 23rd. Moon Leo. Ignatius.
        Tuesday October 24th. Moon Virgo. Raphael (the Archangel).
        Wednesday October 25th. Moon Virgo. 1806 Max Stirner born.
        Thursday October 26th. Moon Libra. Thaddeus (found in Matthew's Gospel).
        Friday October 27th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Sabina.
        Saturday October 28th. Moon Scorpius. Simeon and Judas (relatives of
        Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

        *******Dr. Starman
      • DocStarman@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 1, 2000
          Apologies for this week's going out late. - Starman.
          THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
          Here’s the 28th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
          52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
          (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
          the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
          cosmos into you in the day and the Moon's position in the constellations each
          night for sensing the lunar forces, along with the saints and other spiritual
          figures and events connected with specific days.
          The mantra in the original German and in English:

          Ich kann in Innern neu belebt
          Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten
          Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen
          Aus Seelensonnenmacht
          Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,
          Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,
          Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

          I can in Inner newly alive
          Feel my own Essence widen
          And power-filled Thinking-rays
          Out of Soul's Sun-Might
          Life-Riddles loosening giving,
          Lending fulfillment to many Wishes
          Whose Hopes had had their wings lamed.

          (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
          The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
          spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
          meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
          reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
          original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
          English to German.)

          This week's mantram:
          The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
          develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
          (outer)-consciousness we have in summer. Last week in the soul, there was an
          intense becoming aware of itself which reached down into the dark
          soul-contents, and through this the Will was unleashed. This week this
          developing self-consciousness places us in a state where it is necessary to
          be completely alone, so that the Light which is only within can be shed on
          the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar essence we carry within us
          into the night-time of the year.

          * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
          Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
          indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
          and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
          birth & death days of some of the famous spiritual figures published in the
          first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
          for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
          restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
          connections.)

          Sunday October 29th. Moon Scorpius. Narcissus.
          Monday October 30th. Moon Scorpius. Claudius.
          Tuesday October 31st. Moon Sagittarius. Wolfgang.
          Wednesday November 1st. Moon Sagittarius. Catholic Festival of All Hallows
          (became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship
          that in the Pantheon in Rome all the heathen Gods were given. The Pantheon
          was made a gift to Pope Boniface IV from the Emperor Photius and consecrated
          to all the gods.)
          Thursday November 2nd. Moon Capricornus. Festival of All Souls (since 1020
          as a Catholic Festival established).
          Friday November 3rd. Moon Capricornus. Malachi (the Prophet).
          Saturday November 4th. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter. 1493 Columbus landed
          in Guadaloupe.

          *******Dr. Starman