Re: Spiritual Science & Foundation and Newbie studies

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 120 , Aug 20, 2007
      To Carol, who wrote:

      >>And though I am aware that Jesuitism and
      Anthroposophy do not mix, they do have
      something very much in common. And that's they
      both 'behold' in a living way the Christic soul
      forces which flow through our common soul
      fabric.<<

      Robert writes:

      I'm not sure what you mean by this "beholding",
      but I don't think that Jesuitism and
      Anthroposophy have much in common, surely not
      Christianity in any real sense. I wonder
      whether you really see just how profoundly
      anti-Christian Jesuitism is. The evil of
      Jesuitism was common knowledge in Protestantism
      and Eastern Orthodoxy only a couple of centuries
      ago, and even somewhat within Roman Catholicism,
      when the Jesuits were suppresseed for a while.
      But nowadays this general awareness seems to
      have been lost, as the Jesuit "image" may be
      somewhat rehabilitated in the public mind.
      Steiner has given us some understanding of the
      occult sources of this evil. A few quotes:

      [RS:]
      "The radical, fundamental difference between
      what we justifiably call the Christian way of
      the Spirit and the Jesuit way of the Spirit,
      which gives a one-sided exaggeration to the
      Jesus-Principle, is that the intention of the
      Jesuit way is to work directly, at all times,
      upon the Will."
      [5th October, 1911; GA 131]

      [Sergei O. Prokofieff - *The Case of Valentin
      Tomberg - Anthroposophy or Jesuitism?*;
      "Chapter 1":]

      "But there is a society that was founded
      expressly in order to fight against Christ, and
      for this purpose to create a false image of
      Jesus: the Society of the Jesuits, whose
      essential aim is to extirpate the image of
      Christ from that of Christ Jesus so that only
      Jesus remains as something like the tyrant of
      an evolving humanity."[GA 181, 6 August 1918;
      RS quoted by Prokofieff]

      {more from Proky, quoting RS:}
      "'They [the Jesuits] follow a different being
      [in the spiritual world] than Anthroposophy
      must now follow for the salvation of humanity.'
      {GA 197, 30 July 1920} Rudolf Steiner then
      explains what he means by this in another
      lecture: 'Someone might for instance say: I
      acknowledge Jesus, the Christ. Now in the
      spiritual world one cannot acknowledge an
      abstract programme, so the whole manner in
      which the ideas, the concepts of this Jesus,
      the Christ, live in his soul, can refer only to
      the name of Jesus, of the Christ. In reality he
      is a follower of Lucifer or Ahriman, and he
      merely gives Lucifer or Ahriman the name Jesus
      or Christ.' {GA 199, 6 August 1920} And
      immediately after these words, Rudolf Steiner
      went on to talk about the Jesuits: 'All their
      efforts are directed at serving a certain
      being, that I do not intend to name today, but
      that they call their leader Jesus, to whom they
      give their allegiance. Whatever the true nature
      of this being may be, they call him Jesus.'
      [Note by S.P. - Rudolf Steiner speaks even more
      directly about this in his lecture of 6 October
      1918 (GA 184).]The nature of the being who
      stands behind the Jesuits becomes clear from
      the fact that he succumbed to the third
      temptation in the wilderness and thus became an
      instrument of Christ's tempter. And yet this
      being does not act independently, but as an
      instrument of a much more powerful being of
      evil. "

      (Proky writes:)
      "Rudolf Steiner expressed himself most
      pointedly on the Jesuit Order in a conversation
      with Count Polzer-Hoditz that took place on 3
      March 1925, only a few weeks before his death.
      Something like a testamental statement can be
      heard through these words: 'But always keep in
      mind: the Jesuits have taken spirituality from
      human beings, they are totally identified with
      the power of the Roman state. The struggle, in
      other words the sin, against the spirit, is
      their means of gaining dominance. It is the
      only sin that scripture says shall not be
      forgiven [Matthew 12, 31]. But the spirit
      cannot be totally extirpated, although only a
      few will carry it into the future.'" [See P.
      Tradowsky, Kaspar Hauser, Dornach 1980, and GA
      265, p.453]

      -- There's a lot more, some of it here at the
      eLib:
      <http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/search=context?query=jesuit>

      Robert M

      Message 120 of 120 , Oct 7, 2007

        Guardians of the Grail

        Knight Templar
        Knights Templar are rumoured to guard the Holy Grail

        A new book, Processus contra Templarios, will be published by the Vatican's Secret Archive on Oct 25, and promises to restore the reputation of the Templars, whose leaders were burned as heretics when the order was dissolved in 1314.

        The Knights Templar were a powerful and secretive group of warrior monks during the Middle Ages. Their secrecy has given birth to endless legends, including one that they guard the Holy Grail.

        Recently, they have been featured in films including The Da Vinci Code and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

        The Order was founded by Hugues de Payns, a French knight, after the First Crusade of 1099 to protect pilgrims on the road to Jerusalem. Its headquarters was the captured Al-Aqsa mosque on the Temple Mount, which lent the Templars their name.

        But when Jerusalem fell to Muslim rule in 1244, rumours surfaced that the knights were heretics who worshipped idols in a secret initiation ceremony.

        In 1307, King Philip IV "the Fair" of France, in desperate need of funds, ordered the arrest and torture of all Templars. After confessing various sins their leader, Jacques de Molay, was burnt at the stake.

        Pope Clement V then dissolved the order and issued arrest warrants for all remaining members. Ever since, the Templars have been thought of as heretics.

        The new book is based on a scrap of parchment discovered in the Vatican's secret archives in 2001 by Professor Barbara Frale. The long-lost document is a record of the trial of the Templars before Pope Clement, and ends with a papal absolution from all heresies.

        Prof Frale said: "I could not believe it when I found it. The paper was put in the wrong archive in the 17th century."

        The document, known as the Chinon parchment, reveals that the Templars had an initiation ceremony which involved "spitting on the cross", "denying Jesus" and kissing the lower back, navel and mouth of the man proposing them.

        The Templars explained to Pope Clement that the initiation mimicked the humiliation that knights could suffer if they fell into the hands of the Saracens, while the kissing ceremony was a sign of their total obedience.

        The Pope concluded that the entrance ritual was not truly blasphemous, as alleged by King Philip when he had the knights arrested. However, he was forced to dissolve the Order to keep peace with France and prevent a schism in the church.

        "This is proof that the Templars were not heretics," said Prof Frale. "The Pope was obliged to ask pardon from the knights.

        "For 700 years we have believed that the Templars died as cursed men, and this absolves them."