Peculiarities, rather.

  • carol
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2007
      Quebec is a relatively small place, alot of rural expances, not
      seriously populated, as well, the people carry within themselves an
      ever present 'ring' of Catholicism.

      On occasion, while listening to music on the radio, the quality in a
      combination of news bulletins manages take hold of me. Such was the
      case today.

      We listened to the plea of a sobbing mother of a young girl, who
      dissapeared from a small locality in Northern Quebec a few weeks ago
      I beleive. The police have not been able to gather any substantial
      clues, apparently, and an independent organisation is offering
      reward money for any pertinent information. Then came the next item,
      something I've never heard of happening. An elderly nun, in her
      eighties, was murdered in a convent located on a fairly major artery
      in Montreal last night. The police have apparently apprehended a
      suspect, a 31 year old man with psychological problems. On further
      investigation, I discovered that the first floor of the convent was
      housing a center for people suffering from problems of social
      integration...

      It so strange how on occasion, news items can manage to hit
      an 'alive' nerve more than what is the usual.