Re: online study

  • holmar@jps.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
      Dear Group,
      Yes, I am interested in participating in a study group.
      I am one of those people, who just lurk in on anthroposophy
      groups without posting anything, since about a year ago when I bought
      my first computer. It was then, that I found out, to my amazement,
      there are actually others, who are interested in Rudolf Steiner's
      work.
      As a teenager I was studying his books. Somehow, I did get
      away from it, though never in my heart. There is just absolutely
      nobody in my life, who might have the slightest interest in this
      subject. To be honest, whenever somebody asks me what these books,
      I am reading, are about, I have no clue how to explain it; or if
      there is even any use to answer at all, since Steiner's views seem
      to provoke no more than disbelief or ridicule in this materialistic
      world we live in..
      After an absence of thirty years, I only began reading up again on
      anthroposophy, when I stumbled by chance onto this news group. I
      forgot so much and I feel quite overwhelmed by the knowledge those
      who are posting in this group. It is therefore that I keep
      silent.
      Peace, Holger
    • Danny F.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2000
        --- holmar@... wrote:
        > Dear Group,
        > Yes, I am interested in participating in a study group.
        > I am one of those people, who just lurk in on anthroposophy
        > groups without posting anything, since about a year ago when I bought
        >
        > my first computer. It was then, that I found out, to my amazement,
        > there are actually others, who are interested in Rudolf Steiner's
        > work.
        > As a teenager I was studying his books. Somehow, I did get
        > away from it, though never in my heart. There is just absolutely
        > nobody in my life, who might have the slightest interest in this
        > subject. To be honest, whenever somebody asks me what these books,
        >
        > I am reading, are about, I have no clue how to explain it; or if
        > there is even any use to answer at all, since Steiner's views seem
        > to provoke no more than disbelief or ridicule in this materialistic
        > world we live in..
        > After an absence of thirty years, I only began reading up again on
        >
        > anthroposophy, when I stumbled by chance onto this news group. I
        > forgot so much and I feel quite overwhelmed by the knowledge those
        >
        > who are posting in this group. It is therefore that I keep
        > silent.
        > Peace, Holger

        Hi Holger,

        Since we've got a dishonest "Socrate" in the person of
        Gary not so long ago, I'm sure we'd all welcome an
        honest one in your person. Questions are also welcomed,
        not only discourses. Feel free to manifest yourself,
        you probably know more then you think already.

        Regards,
        Danny

        =====
        "Vide igitur, ne Lumen, quod in te est, tenebrae sint."
        --Tractatus Aristotelis

        "No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings."
        --William Blake

        http://photos.yahoo.com/