Michaelmas Festival and Soul Calendar

  • Jo Ann Schwartz
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2000
      Michaelmas Greetings!

      Some thoughts on the Michaelmas Festival, including a number of
      translations for the Calendar of the Soul verse for this week, can be
      found at:

      http://www.steiner98.org/Festivals/index.html

      For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, this week's verse from
      Steiner's Calendar of the Soul (week 26), and its polar verse (week 27),
      can be found at:

      http://www.steiner98.org/calendar.html

      For those of us residing in the Southern Hemisphere, this week's verse
      (week 52), and its polar verse (week 1), are available at:

      http://www.steiner98.org/calendarSouth.html

      This week we stand poised on the brink of the lemniscate's crossing point
      at Michaelmas/Easter, which occurs just after the autumnal/vernal equinox.
      Here, at the mid-point of the year, this dance which we share with our
      brothers and sisters of the opposite hemisphere finds us once again all
      together, flowing through the crossing point.

      Today, at the Michaelmas festival at my children's school, once the dragon
      was slain, the children streamed in through the gates and into a large
      cicle. The leader of the dance spiraled the children in and in and in so
      tightly, and then led them out -- out -- out again in a lovely double
      spiral. Another dance image for the middle of the lemniscate, perhaps?
      Each lobe of the lemniscate pouring into such a spiral dance, flowing out
      into the opposite lobe of the year.... the two spirals forming a smaller
      lemniscate at the crossing point...

      (My thoughts on the Calendar of the Soul verses as a dance of the year can
      be found at:

      http://www.steiner98.org/Calendar/calendarDance.html
      )

      Michael and the Goddess bless us, every one,
      JoAnna

      the usual Calendar notes:
      The length of the year from Easter 2000 to Holy Saturday 2001, as well as
      the lateness of this year's Easter celebration, had necessitated some
      adjustments to the weeks. But now, in the middle of the year, I have begun
      to use the dating of Steiner's original calendar --- which means the
      calendar will change on Friday for the next six months or so.

      The adjustments for this year (and for the northern hemisphere only, alas)
      are shown on the index page for the calendar verses, and will be placed at
      the top of the page each week. (The dates quoted in the verses' headings
      are still Steiner's original dates...) The index page can be found at:

      http://www.steiner98.org/Calendar/index.html

      A further explanation of the dating schema I am using for the Easter 2000
      to Holy Saturday 2001 cycle can be found at:

      http://www.steiner98.org/Calendar/calendarDating2.html

      If you prefer a different dating cycle, of course, Tom's translation of
      the entire calendar is available through the index page referenced above.

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • Wayne Fischer
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
        Interesting JoAnna! I've got lots to catch up on concerning all of
        my
        Calendar readings. Where is Tom Mellet? I talked to him about five
        years ago and asked for the music score that was written for the
        Calendar so I could learn it myself, but then I never heard back from
        him. Anyway, thanks for all the great work and sharing it with us.

        Wayne

        --- In anthroposophy@egroups.com, Jo Ann Schwartz <sr_joanna@y...>