Re: Heads Up: Steiner's "Esoteric Lessons"

  • Stephen Hale
    Message 1 of 70 , Aug 2 7:05 PM
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, khanabados <blue_star_in@...>
      wrote:

      > Thats a pity but I think if people when they did choose to
      interpret something it would be nice if they actually got to the
      truth or at least went in an upward direction.

      > But we dont think we need to take responsiblity for how we think
      accepts the cosmos, the world, online groups and discussions.

      > Our responsiblity of influence.
      >
      > Like my experience of the Oepedis complex contrary to Freud is
      that my son certainly never wanted to sleep with me although he was
      insanely jealous of that intimacy. He just didnt want a man in my
      life whatsoever and from the ages of him being 8 to 16 I didnt even
      have friends in my life nevermind anything else.

      > But it would be curious to know how many people actually went
      south thinking my son actually wanted to have sex with me.

      > This is the kind of thinking people need to start taking
      responsiblity for.

      > Where are you looking - up the elepants backside?

      I'm sorry, but the internet is a very poor place for psychotherapy.
      It seems that too many of the important facts of the intake
      interview are left out of consideration altogether. I can only take
      responsibility for what is given openly and without reservation by
      the patient seeking help. I have hardly ever thought that you were
      seeking help because you are so arcane about it. Does that make
      sense? The son obviously needed some heavy-duty counseling over the
      course of those ten years; now whether he got it, and it sounds like
      he didn't, making matters rather insufferable, would be yours to
      tell. Difficult children need to be taken in hand without any
      recourse to their whims and choices. It seems that this was not
      handled well.

      It's a tough love situation, and it would appear that love has won
      out, and so you must have been doing something right, right?
      Nineteen is the last of the teens, then manhood.

      Steve
    • carol
      Message 70 of 70 , Aug 11 10:13 AM

        I'm sorry, we don't seem to be speaking the same language, strangely enough. But that which is common between us both, is that we  both inhabit this earth on this year 2007. We  share the same language of communication. We also read works by Steiner. I invite you to glance at this excerpt from The Metamorphosis of Intelligence-The Fundamental Social Demands of our Time. From this passage, you may be able to gain a hint or even an understanding of how, and under what circumstances I think.

        I personally don't feel that I should be compelled  to pay lip service to specific elements of the American folk soul in any way, shape or form if I choose not to. I feel that I am entitled, through the authority held by the heavens even, to live freely, in spirit, in the deepest sense of the word and in the form that I'm able to discover through my own hard efforts ...

        Again, my own translation from French to English, pratically word for word.

        "...If you study historic rapports (relationships) within a symptomatology of history, you will find the following: it appears that Protestantism is all natural to instinctive intelligence, which is inbred in occidental Europe and America, an 'evidence' that manifests itself often enough in political and religious life. This absolutely self evident instinct impregnates all, it does not require a particular dispositon, even though here and there, you will find the hearts of reformists quite enflamed by it. Instinctive Protestantism has no need to call upon Reform as was the case in central Europe; it exists naturally in the West, we could even say: the West is born protestant, central European discusses protestantly, for precisely, protestantism calls forth discussion on intelligent things. In this instance, it is not inborn.

        Russia, for it's part, pushes it away, refuses it, doesn't want of it and being Russian, it cannot accept it. Russianism and Protestantism do not support each other.

        That which I've spoken of has value not only in a confessional point of view but expresses itself within all the cultural impulse. Take for example how the West receives Marxism. It is over there greeted as a protest against (former) ancient property rights, etc... in the center, we discuss of these same subjects, we will quarell over them, doubt them, we'll say many unecessary things, all of which is significant to the caracter of the peoples of central Europe. In the East, it takes on strange forms, there we transpose it, we recompose it completely and there we find it penetrated by and colored in Orthodoxy. It's not carried over into ideation, but only into the manner in which the Russian places himself in front of it, how he imprints it with Orthodoxical faith.

        This comment (remark) reveals just how much it is necessary to draw back from exterior assessments in order to have an indepth view. You will understand much if you develop in yourselves the habit to say to yourselves, when facing all phenomena in life: words in the way that we use them today, have become ' used money'; what is thought of things and expressed through language, never corresponds to it's exact truth. One must go even deeper, I would say, the protestantism in the way that it defines itself today, through habit in how we form thought, is no longer capable of expressing anything real. You see, it is so necessary to overcome the image of the word, the image of the idea, in order to apprehend it's truth in a way that is living.....

        (And a few pages later)

        ...So when a person scolds another, it's not because the one being scolded is like this or like that, but because the scolder experiences the need to scold and wishes to be relieved of it.

        This has now to do with considering things in a way other than the one of which we are accustomed. Grasping Spiritual Science at the deepest levels of the soul is in many circumstances, quite other, than what even anthroposophist represent for themselves..." RS.

        The Metamorphosis of Intelligence- The Fundamental Social Demands of our Time. Dornach 15.12.1918