Re: Recent illustrations

  • isenhart7
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2007
      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448134/

      I thought the ad for the movie "Sunshine" was interesting as it came
      out at the end of July. The movie is about the Sun dying and being
      resurrected.

      I had to go downtown to an art gallery yesterday and retrieve my
      Oprah Magazine. So this car ad on the back cover is a GMC SUV in
      front of a facade of stores and the caption is "Inspiration Pulled
      From Your Life. That's Professional Grade". So already I'm offended
      because it seems a reference to the so-called soccer mom-I mean
      people like me with two plus teenagers in the house already know that
      they are chauffeurs. Anyway, I get the general idea here of linking
      features of the car to the items in the background. For example, the
      first feature listed is "Better fuel efficincy than any 8 passenger
      SUV" and the number 1 is circled over a sign that reads "BIG SAVINGS"
      in a tanning salon window. And number 4, "Seating for eight
      available" is linked to the eight necklaces in the jewlery store
      window-meaning valuable cargo-it's all very clever actually. But it's
      so clever that it entirely loses me on a couple of the points-like
      the jet airplane flying overhead and the corresponding point
      of "Windshield-Projected Head Up Display Available". What is that?
      Normally, I wouldn't really care but usually I really get car ads and
      this one with what looks like some type of spirit-blob in one window
      and a skeleton in another just gets stranger the more I look at it.
      Okay so that's my rant.-Val