Re: "Esoteric Lessons" models of lower and higher devachan systems

  • carol
    Message 1 of 70 , Aug 2, 2007
      I find it a shame the images don't work- is there a way to fix it?

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66" <holderlin66@...>
      wrote:

      [http://f9g.yahoofs.com/groups/g_82366/7689/__sr_/1b04.jpg?grgSjsGBkkDoB\
      \

      [http://f9g.yahoofs.com/groups/g_82366/7689/__sr_/9cb8.jpg?gr4CjsGBK9bka\
      \
      > HLH]
      >

      > A certain M Hale wrote: "It is actually centered in the moon that is
      now
      > out there separated from the earth. This will be proved in Steiner's
      own
      > words."
      >
      > It's interesting that you actually see in Steiner's words confirmation
      > of your statement. I certainly don't, and hopefully many others don't.
      > How in heaven's name have you managed to find the 8th sphere in the
      moon
      > based on Anthroposophical spiritual science, and where Steiner himself
      > spoke of something extremely obscure and within that which surrounds
      us
      > all?
      >
      > "...So it will be useless to look for the Eighth Sphere anywhere in
      the
      > material world.
      >
      > ...I have said that the Eighth Sphere has something to do with the
      > residue left from the Old Moon and its evolution.
      >
      > ...That is to say: it must be presumed at the outset that the Eighth
      > Sphere is found by way of visionary Imaginations.
      >
      > ..This will give you an inkling that the Eighth Sphere is to be
      observed
      > within the Earth Sphere. It cannot properly be drawn either above or
      > below; to depict the reality it would have to be sketched into the
      Earth

      [http://f9g.yahoofs.com/groups/g_82366/7689/__sr_/20e7.jpg?grgSjsGBNF3Fv\
      \
      > p7i]

    • carol
      Message 70 of 70 , Aug 11, 2007

        I'm sorry, we don't seem to be speaking the same language, strangely enough. But that which is common between us both, is that we  both inhabit this earth on this year 2007. We  share the same language of communication. We also read works by Steiner. I invite you to glance at this excerpt from The Metamorphosis of Intelligence-The Fundamental Social Demands of our Time. From this passage, you may be able to gain a hint or even an understanding of how, and under what circumstances I think.

        I personally don't feel that I should be compelled  to pay lip service to specific elements of the American folk soul in any way, shape or form if I choose not to. I feel that I am entitled, through the authority held by the heavens even, to live freely, in spirit, in the deepest sense of the word and in the form that I'm able to discover through my own hard efforts ...

        Again, my own translation from French to English, pratically word for word.

        "...If you study historic rapports (relationships) within a symptomatology of history, you will find the following: it appears that Protestantism is all natural to instinctive intelligence, which is inbred in occidental Europe and America, an 'evidence' that manifests itself often enough in political and religious life. This absolutely self evident instinct impregnates all, it does not require a particular dispositon, even though here and there, you will find the hearts of reformists quite enflamed by it. Instinctive Protestantism has no need to call upon Reform as was the case in central Europe; it exists naturally in the West, we could even say: the West is born protestant, central European discusses protestantly, for precisely, protestantism calls forth discussion on intelligent things. In this instance, it is not inborn.

        Russia, for it's part, pushes it away, refuses it, doesn't want of it and being Russian, it cannot accept it. Russianism and Protestantism do not support each other.

        That which I've spoken of has value not only in a confessional point of view but expresses itself within all the cultural impulse. Take for example how the West receives Marxism. It is over there greeted as a protest against (former) ancient property rights, etc... in the center, we discuss of these same subjects, we will quarell over them, doubt them, we'll say many unecessary things, all of which is significant to the caracter of the peoples of central Europe. In the East, it takes on strange forms, there we transpose it, we recompose it completely and there we find it penetrated by and colored in Orthodoxy. It's not carried over into ideation, but only into the manner in which the Russian places himself in front of it, how he imprints it with Orthodoxical faith.

        This comment (remark) reveals just how much it is necessary to draw back from exterior assessments in order to have an indepth view. You will understand much if you develop in yourselves the habit to say to yourselves, when facing all phenomena in life: words in the way that we use them today, have become ' used money'; what is thought of things and expressed through language, never corresponds to it's exact truth. One must go even deeper, I would say, the protestantism in the way that it defines itself today, through habit in how we form thought, is no longer capable of expressing anything real. You see, it is so necessary to overcome the image of the word, the image of the idea, in order to apprehend it's truth in a way that is living.....

        (And a few pages later)

        ...So when a person scolds another, it's not because the one being scolded is like this or like that, but because the scolder experiences the need to scold and wishes to be relieved of it.

        This has now to do with considering things in a way other than the one of which we are accustomed. Grasping Spiritual Science at the deepest levels of the soul is in many circumstances, quite other, than what even anthroposophist represent for themselves..." RS.

        The Metamorphosis of Intelligence- The Fundamental Social Demands of our Time. Dornach 15.12.1918