Re: Gulags for Anthros?

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 68 , Aug 1, 2007
      To Val, who wrote:

      >>I'm afraid I am further confused by the terms
      light and semi-occultism which are entirely new
      to me,<<

      [Robert had written: ". . . . light occultisms
      or semi-occultisms such as Anthroposophy . .

      Robert writes now:

      Perhaps my choice of words was awkward. I
      meant "light occultism" as opposed to "dark
      occultisms" such as that of the anti-
      evolutionary supra-political power occultists.
      I may have been nodding a little, forgetting
      the basic Anthro understanding of the Golden
      Mean: the Christic balance between the "dark"
      Ahrimanic and the "light" Luciferic.

      I was suggesting the qualifier *semi* for
      reasons such as I stated in the little semantic
      discussion that followed: One might say that,
      strictly, Anthroposophy is not an "occultism"
      since the given "doctrine" is not physically
      hidden; still one might say that it is
      "occultic" since it reveals much that was
      formerly hidden physically and since it flows
      from and leads to the worlds beyond the Veil.

      Maybe I would have done better to have written:
      "the Christian occultism or semi-occultism of

      Robert had written:

      >>You seem to allow that the energy is
      destructive and perverse, but you didn't
      experience any "hatred" in it? Well, again:
      what do you suppose makes it destructive and

      Val wrote:

      >>Time maybe-it seems to kind of really be
      wearing on these people.<<

      Robert writes now:

      I don't understand why you would say that. Are
      you suggesting that the WC wasn't "destructive
      and perverse" in the beginning but became such
      only because they've been at it for so long???

      Robert had written:

      >>And the WC in itself is only a part of that
      greater complex of "enemies of Anthroposophy" I
      was referring to.<<

      Val wrote:

      >>. . . . I am unaware of the greater complex
      so please clue me in.<<

      Robert writes now:

      I'm a little surprised that you seem to be
      plugged into the Waldorf movement and still
      don't have a "clue" about this. -- The
      "enemies of Anthroposophy" are first of all the
      spiritual Adversaries. On earth their minions
      have been working against Anthroposophy almost
      since Steiner first opened his mouth. As Marie
      Steiner said of RS:

      "How could he escape being hated with all the
      demonic power of which Hell is capable? . . .

      ". . . .
      They hissed with hate and blocked his forward way.
      His work they shattered even as he wrought it.
      They raged with venom and with flame . . . .

      "He did what once Prometheus expiated
      What gave to Socrates the poisoned cup-
      The pardoning of Barabbas was less vile-
      A deed whose expiation is the cross.
      We demons cannot suffer such a thing.
      We harry, hunt, pursue who dares such deeds
      With all those souls who give themselves to us,
      With all those forces which obey our will.
      For ours are the turning-points of time
      And ours this humanity which lies,
      Without their God, in weakness, vice, and error.
      We never yield the booty we have won
      But tear to pieces him who dares to touch it. .
      . ."

      Robert continues:

      In the present, as it seems to me, these
      enemies work in two ways: through infiltration
      and subversion from within, and by attacks from
      without through slander, distortion, lawsuits --
      which, as the little blurb in my original
      post shows, seem to be building toward legal
      repression. The WC seems, as far as I see, to
      be part, but not the whole, of the "outer"
      complex of (earthly, human) enemies.

      Again, I don't get around much, but I get the
      impression that the rest of this "outer
      complex" is more active in Europe than in the
      US. And again, that blurb in my original post
      was one example of such activity. I also have
      the impression that "outer" attacks against
      Anthroposophy in the Netherlands brought forth
      a few years ago that infamous Anthro report on
      Steiner's allegedly "discriminatory" statements.

      For another example, you can see here:

      "A study shows that Rudolf Steiner (1861-1925),
      the founder of anthroposophy, was an active
      opponent of anti-Semitism (1). The study
      contradicts allegations, made especially since
      a broadcast in Germany (Report Mainz) in
      February (2000), about Waldorf schools and
      their founder. The allegations about Steiner
      are based on a lack of overview and an
      understanding of his views."

      I did a little more Googling around, and it
      wasn't hard to find examples of attacks against
      Anthroposophy and some responses to them.

      *SkepticReport* "The Racial Teachings of Rudolf Steiner"

      "On a libelous article in Salon on Waldorf education"

      -- And I don't think all of the attacks were
      coming from Europe. I don't know about
      *SkepticReport*, but I think *Salon* is
      American. -- The enemies of Anthroposophy are

      Val wrote:

      >>I live in what has been called a "Waldorf
      Ghetto"-there are a few such places in the U.S.
      I am told. My next door neighbor, for example
      is a second generation Anthroposophist.<<

      Robert writes:

      I knew that there are the Camphill Villages
      and that "fellowship community" that runs
      Mercury Press, but "Waldorf ghettoes"? That's
      a new one on me. I'm trying to imagine what
      one would look like: a clutch of BD farms
      surrounded by barbed wire and watchtowers out
      in the boonies?

      Val wrote:

      >>I have not known anyone in real life to call
      themselves an Anthroposophist and be
      distressingly delusional.<<

      Robert signs off:

      Lucky you.

    • isenhart7
      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 23, 2007
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mason
        <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

        > I don't object to the mere fact that my view is
        > being challenged; I was inviting a discussion.
        > But so far you haven't shown me anything that
        > convinces me that your "challenge" is well-
        > founded in this case. And now it seems to me
        > that our discussion has reached an impasse, a
        > dead end; you're not saying anything really
        > new. So I don't see any point in my
        > continuing.

        I'm sorry you feel that way.-Val