Fwd: Calendar of the Soul 16, Anthro on the Net

  • TomBuoyed@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2007

      -----Original Message-----
      From: randolph mccready <rgmcc@...>
      To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
      Cc: randolph <rgmcc@...>
      Sent: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 9:22 am
      Subject: Calendar of the Soul 16, Anthro on the Net ff

      Anthroposophy on the Net - Calendar of the Soul
      See printable version above

      Rudolf Steiner’s
      Calendar of the Soul[July 22, 2007 - July 28, 2007]
      Sixteenth Week
        WMP       to hear the Calendar read         MP3
         click on either above picture

      I have a strong presentiment
      To shield the spiritual gift within
      So that as it matures God’s wealth
      Will then bear fruit within my soul
      For selfhood’s harvesting.

      * translation by John Thomson.
      _____________________

      My heart, my most intimate counsellor,
      warns my being to
      cherish my inner Spirit Gifts from God:
      so that they may ripen
      deep within my nurturing soul
      into a fruitful experience of Selfhood.

      - translation by Dennis Klocek.
      ____________________

      My intuition firmly commands me:

      "Bury the spirit's treasures within you
      so that these ripening gifts of God,
      growing in the soil of your soul,
      may bring forth the very fruits
      of your own selfhood."

      * translation by Tom Mellett.
      ____________________

      To bear in inward keeping spirit bounty
      Is stern command of my prophetic feeling,
      That ripened gifts divine
      Maturing in the depths of soul
      To selfhood bring their fruits.

      * translation by Ruth and Hans Pusch
      ___________________

      Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,
      Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,
      Dass reifend Gottesgaben
      In Seelengründen fruchtend
      Der Selbstheit Früchte bringen.

      * original German by Rudolf Steiner.
      ____________________

      A hint of warming: harbour well
      the Spirit's bounty, gifts from gods
      are there to ripen, there to swell
      earthed in the soul and, fructifying, bring
      the fruits of Self to light.

      The Year Participated
      translation by Owen Barfield

      About the Calendar of the Soul - by Rudolf Steiner

      The year has a life of its own, and the human soul can share in that life and become part of it. In listening week by week to the changing language of the year, the soul will find a way to discover also its own nature; it will realize how forces are stirring within its being and giving it new life and strength. Such forces are awakened if one develops a profound sympathy with the course of the year and all the meaning it brings to the changing world. Only through such sympathy can the soul become aware of the fine but significant threads that bind it to the world into which it is born.
      In this Calendar the verse given for each week is intended to help the soul into an experience of that week as part of the life of the whole year. The Calendar is designed to express all that echoes in the soul when it unites itself with that life. It aims at creating a healthy feeling of at-one-ness with the goings–on of nature, and consequently a strong self-discovery, in the belief that to share in the yearly movement of the world, in the manner exemplified in these verses, is something for which the human soul has a deep longing, if only it understands its own nature.

      * PREFACE TO THE SECOND EDITION (1918).

      History of the Calendar of the Soul Verses

      The first limited edition of The Calendar of the Soul Verses was published in March 1912 as part of a calendar, never to be reissued. Imma von Eckhardstein illustrated the calendar, following Steiner’s indications, mainly of the twelve zodiacal images. In 1918, the verses of the Calendar of the Soul were distributed along with a short introduction  by Rudolf Steiner, was packaged together with Waldorf Astoria cigarettes to reach German soldiers struggling at the end of World War I. This was part of a project, initialized by Emil Molt, the owner of the Waldorf Astoria Cigaretten Gesellschaft, which also evolved into a publication of the verses as an insert in a few Herman Hesse editions reaching German prisoners of war.

      "You will find meditative verses for the individual weeks of the year. You should take these meditations quite particularly into your hearts, for they contain what can make the soul alive and what really corresponds
      to a living relationship of the soul forces to t

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)