Eighth Sphere

  • nadmateescu
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2007
      Dear Steve,

      The subject that you allready shaped (the eighth sphere) is
      interesting for me, in the light that you share your own research in
      this matter.
      But, as Mr. Mason did, a question arise about the form of your
      investigations in this subject, and it may be helpfull to be more
      specific.
      I noticed the long period of time that you have been into this
      subject, but for me the main question is also to clarify for myself
      the understanding processes of imagination, inspiration and intuition
      as tools of spiritual research.

      Thanks, Dan
    • Stephen Hale
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26, 2007
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "nadmateescu"
        <nadmateescu@...> wrote:

        > Dear Steve,
        >
        > The subject that you allready shaped (the eighth sphere) is
        > interesting for me, in the light that you share your own research
        in
        > this matter.
        > But, as Mr. Mason did, a question arise about the form of your
        > investigations in this subject, and it may be helpfull to be more
        > specific.
        > I noticed the long period of time that you have been into this
        > subject, but for me the main question is also to clarify for myself
        > the understanding processes of imagination, inspiration and
        intuition
        > as tools of spiritual research.
        >
        > Thanks, Dan

        I have found out, over a long period of time, that when the facts
        contained in the content of spiritual science are taken up by the
        faculty of thinking, that a transformation ensues immediately just
        by taking the concepts into the head. And this has proven to be the
        corroboration of the first chapter of Occult Science, wherein these
        concepts serve to transform 'mere thoughts' to a higher character.
        My resolve to study spiritual science is entirely based on the
        conviction this chapter affords.

        Thus, I have followed the path that says that knowledge should be
        taken in conceptually first, and maybe for an entire lifetime,
        before the exercises are begun for knowing higher worlds with
        perception.

        And I have found something most interesting in this effort; the
        effort of intensified thinking about the matters of the spiritual
        worlds. Here it is: When spiritual concepts that come from a
        higher faculty of perception are taken into the thinking, and housed
        therein with the mere thoughts associated with an outer external
        world, a metamorphosis truly does commence. Since these are the
        thoughts shaped by one who is directly experiencing spiritual
        truths, the effect within the domain of thinking is quite
        extraordinary, even from the outset of the effort and discipline to
        conduct this type of training. Thus, spiritual science has to be
        consumed at the level of thinking first in order to establish the
        solid ground for the perceptual knowing that gradually takes form as
        well.

        So for me, in my experience following this path outlined in Occult
        Science, I have found that the order gets reversed; Intuition comes
        first, then Inspiration, and finally the sufficient Imagination to
        write the words that attempt to convey truths that arise out of the
        thinking mind. And there is a very distinct discipline to this
        process, which I believe that most people overlook due to the lack
        of recognition of intuitive flashes of insight. This is the key; to
        recognize the welling-up of a spiritual truth in a moment's notice,
        and then cling to it rather than dispense with it as a silly
        notion. This is what most people do nowadays. They shrug off these
        flashes of insight, and then they are wasted; maybe for a lifetime.

        I have learned to be watchful for them, and try to hold them in
        attention for as long as possible, which is usually fleeting. But
        the trace that remains I cling to tenaciously, and over time I have
        found that it spreads out in a growing field of inspiration where I
        become the gardener cultivating this field. The patient gardener is
        what I've learned about this process. In time, it leads to entry
        into the imaginative process, which allows me to write about these
        things, such as the Eighth Sphere.

        Most importantly I believe, is that when the anthroposophy of Rudolf
        Steiner, an initiate clairvoyant, is introduced into the faculty of
        thinking possessed by the normal human being, that a new form of
        spiritual science begins to unfold. And this is called:
        Psychosophy, and involves the raising up of the unspeakable thoughts
        that generally reside in our subconsciou minds until they can be
        fructified by such a miracle as what RS brought via Michael at the
        turn of the 20th century.