UteCr.Social initiatives-Re:[anthroposophy]SouthernCross Review(FWD)

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2000
      Hello JoAnn (and also Truuus),

      JoAnn, it has been a little while since you sent this notice of the latest
      issue of the SouthernCross Review (SCR), but I am just now getting round to
      really clicking on to read. I notice that among the contents is listed the
      article by Ute Craemer on the Favela children in Brazil.

      --I just wanted to say that there is also something of Cramer and Favela in
      the latest issue of the Anthroposophic Newsletter (in America). Moreover, my
      friend, Truus Geraets (who now lives in California, and still works with
      South Africans through The Center for the Art of Living), has, i believe,
      recently met with Ute Cramer in California. They met to begin to formulate a
      2001 conference on social initiatives, as seen and shared by
      anthroposophists and others (maybe UNICEF or NGO's of the U.N., other human
      rights, social activists groups, teachers, artists working on social issues,
      etc.). The plan is that on all the continents there will be such a
      conference sometime in 2001, and then (with the blessing of the Social
      Science Section of the Goetheanum) there will be a 2002 conference in
      Dornach at the Goethanum, bringing all the work of the 2001 conferences
      together.

      I am sending a copy of this letter and your notice below on the SCR to my
      friend, Truus Geraets.--Truus you can click on below for the Southern Cross
      Review online, and see Ute's article and other good ones, too. Given your
      and my history in South Africa, I think we can appreciate the name, Southern
      Cross-eh?

      Love,
      elaine

      http://profiles.msn.com