Re: [anthroposophy] The Christos As The Middle

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11 8:34 AM
      Hello starman and all,

      Thanks, starman, for this enlightening and inspiring post on the Christos as
      the middle and what happens in the act of loving. I'll highlight what really
      stands out for me now, and make a comment or two:

      >*******It's been an experience of mine for all my life that there is our
      >inner sphere, in which we are separate egos; ((...))
      >
      > But when a separate ego LOVES another person, an animal, or whatever
      >part
      >of the supposedly separate world---then and there a middle reality is
      >happening. When one person cares for another, something that is not either
      >of
      >these two opposites is present, something that unites both.

      I love this: "something that is not either of these two opposites is
      present". Wonderful!

      Then, below here, various types of meetings are described--that between
      healer and healed, for example. I think this understanding is so often
      missing today in modern conventional medicine and the relationship of doctor
      and patient.--Also, as in the example below,I do observe that when women
      gather in friendship, often there is something different than what seems
      (seems to me) to occur, typically, between or among men. Interesting.

      >When, for
      >instance, human being meets human being, on what anthroposophy calls the
      >soul
      >plane, this is between the spirit (the individual) and the material (the
      >body
      >and the objective world it belongs to). When a healer heals, when two
      >people
      >love, when a child cares for a pet, when two women share their sentiments
      >with
      > each other (in that natural way we men seldom do), when two adults join
      >together to make the entranceway for a soul to incarnate---in all these
      >things the Christos is present.

      >((...))
      >that which joins the two together, the etheric, is rayed through wholly by
      >the Christ. When two separate individuals meet, these life forces flow
      >between them. The Christ is visible in every such meeting. This is the
      >meaning of "when two or more are gathered".

      Wunderbar! I pray to remember this and to meet others in that growing
      awareness.

      >This is why the Christ has been
      >able to act in simple folk through the centuries, without all the proud
      >intellectualism of anthroposophists. Our very life forces are Christ in us,
      >and when we heal, when we let that natural livingness flow to others, in
      >the
      >simple intention to care for another, He may be seen working through us.

      Alright!--Then, you ask:

      > Has anyone else had such an experience?
      >
      >Starman

      Yes, I have had such experiences. I could discuss many (for a major
      example: the meeting between me and my life partner). Yet, for now, I will
      point to a seemingly simple, but marvelous thing that occurs almost daily as
      i move in the world. Someone will pass me on the street or sidewalk. That
      person and i will smile and say "hi" or "hello". We were 'strangers' and had
      no outer *reason* to speak to each other. There was a crowd of people
      around, coming and going. Yet, in the midst of all the traffic-pedestrian
      and autos--and in the midst of all the noises, there is a spark,and our
      smiles say something like, "How good the day is, and it is wonderful seeing
      you and life if full of creative possibility". Yet, I do not know that other
      person, that 'you'-- and that 'you' does not know me. There is a "third"
      presence among us, larger than either of us, transforming us, and we go on,
      and the day is renewed in this meeting of the Christ/light-in-us.

      Now, starman and others, what are your experiences? I'm eager to hear.

      Listening, in gratitude,

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • Danny F.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12 4:52 PM
        --- starmann77@... wrote:

> [...]
        > while
        > that which joins the two together, the etheric, is rayed through
        > wholly by
        > the Christ. When two separate individuals meet, these life forces
        > flow
        > between them. The Christ is visible in every such meeting. This is
        > the
        > meaning of "when two or more are gathered". This is why the Christ
        > has been
        > able to act in simple folk through the centuries, without all the
        > proud
        > intellectualism of anthroposophists. Our very life forces are Christ
        > in us,
        > and when we heal, when we let that natural livingness flow to others,
        > in the
        > simple intention to care for another, He may be seen working through

        Yes.

        Those are precious moments I naturally strive for myself.

        As much as true social is possible nowadays...(here and there...)

        I think this is really the core issue of our time to fight
        for, a real social(harmonious) warmth imbued, filled with
        spirit. The heart must speak more...
        Who will prepare the 6th epoch?...

        Is anybody had such experience that when you speak about
        the spiritual people feel disturbed, or have a kind of
        "guilt" and somehow fear to do so(speak)?

        Without the Christ, the soul fear the(a) void...

        Mighty Prince of this world,
        you've got many many by the throat...

        How can they breathe-easy?
        Space,space,space, you take more space than you should,
        thus make and take the subtil and the human away if you could.

        Best regards,
        Danny

        P.S: I'll try to come back later this week concerning
        the four ethers (on 'RosicrucianSophia' list).
        As I didn't see any specific question about them(ethers)
        I'll simply then as I said post the resume.

        =====
        "Anthroposophy does not want to impart knowledge.
        It seeks to awaken life."

        --Rudolf Steiner

        http://mail.yahoo.com/
      • Danny F.
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 12 5:07 PM
          --- elaine upton <elaineupton@...> wrote:

          > Wunderbar! I pray to remember this and to meet others in that growing
          >
          > awareness.

          Yes me too.

          And as I like that 'wunderbar!',
          I say so too.