The Christos As The Middle

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2000
      *******This is about the Christos, originally posted onto a list,
      Esoteric-Christ, that has apparently now gone defunct. It came back
      unanswered, and I thought I'd post it here instead.

      *******It's been an experience of mine for all my life that there is our
      inner sphere, in which we are separate egos; then the supposedly objective
      world 'out there', as we say. These can be thought of or pictured as
      opposites.

      But when a separate ego LOVES another person, an animal, or whatever part
      of the supposedly separate world---then and there a middle reality is
      happening. When one person cares for another, something that is not either of
      these two opposites is present, something that unites both. When, for
      instance, human being meets human being, on what anthroposophy calls the soul
      plane, this is between the spirit (the individual) and the material (the body
      and the objective world it belongs to). When a healer heals, when two people
      love, when a child cares for a pet, when two women share their sentiments with
      each other (in that natural way we men seldom do), when two adults join
      together to make the entranceway for a soul to incarnate---in all these
      things the Christos is present.

      To the neo-Platonists, the middle of their 3 'hypostases' is associated
      with the middle member of the Trinity. In the Foundation Stone, the Christ is
      likewise in the middle. Here is where He is perceived. Consciousness is
      within us and matter without---but what appears in matter is also the bearer
      of our consciousness, the life force. Life is the Christ Incarnate. Or to put
      it another way, matter is the physical, consciousness is the astral, while
      that which joins the two together, the etheric, is rayed through wholly by
      the Christ. When two separate individuals meet, these life forces flow
      between them. The Christ is visible in every such meeting. This is the
      meaning of "when two or more are gathered". This is why the Christ has been
      able to act in simple folk through the centuries, without all the proud
      intellectualism of anthroposophists. Our very life forces are Christ in us,
      and when we heal, when we let that natural livingness flow to others, in the
      simple intention to care for another, He may be seen working through us.

      Has anyone else had such an experience?

      Starman