Re: Sidereal & Tropical Zodiacs

  • Wayne Fischer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2000

      In Steiner's lectures called Human and Cosmic Thought (To me, one of
      his most important set of lectures) he discusses the meaning of the
      zodical signs in terms of world views(each sign represents a dominant
      mode of thought and ultimately these thoughts are cosmic thoughts of
      spiritual beings but we don't learn this tell later), and the seven
      planets represent spiritual levels of each of these world views. I
      have a fuller discussion of all of this in my thesis work, so I guess
      this might be material to post.

      The main point Steiner has about the zodiacal signs is that the
      traditional images of the past where useful for a certain time
      but since the world consciousness has evolved those trad. signs do
      speak to us like they used to, and now today we need a new set of
      signs that represent the spiritual reality that surronds us during
      this present epoch.

      thanks. Wayne Fischer