exoteric and esoteric

  • jla
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2000
      Carl,

       I would add that the difference in orientation (exoteric and esoteric) may be also life experience and balance
      from one life to the next (which you may be referring to anyway).
      There are many times in life when one may want to spend countless
      hours in meditation or esoteric study but the circumstances of life pull one away. I knew a friend who
      was spiritually committed and really wanted to spend more time in esoteric work but was the owner
      of retail store and was "forced" out his tendency to monastic into intense public contact on daily basis. He
      complained heartedly about this for years only to realize in his late 40's that nothing could have served
      him better. He is now a ease and comfortable with a variety of people and can interact with virtually anyone
      from any walk of life.

      Jeff

      Carl Johansson wrote:

      I should perhaps for completeness add that
      I suspect the division between exoteric/esoteric
      is dependant on soul experience ("age"), and that
      those who are exoteric in one lifetime might
      become esoteric in a future one. Although I suspect
      that notion would not be any more appealing
      (despite it being part of Steiner's teachings).

      If you want to debate it however, emotional
      judgments are not the way.

      Regards,
      CJ