Christianity and anthroposophy-Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Chart of Jesus

  • Carl Johansson
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2000
      I should perhaps for completeness add that
      I suspect the division between exoteric/esoteric
      is dependant on soul experience ("age"), and that
      those who are exoteric in one lifetime might
      become esoteric in a future one. Although I suspect
      that notion would not be any more appealing
      (despite it being part of Steiner's teachings).

      If you want to debate it however, emotional
      judgments are not the way.

      Regards,
      CJ

      > > So, is one dogma cured by asserting another? What you say sounds
      > me as
      > > dogmatic as anything I've heard from these "emotionally
      stimulated"
      > ones you
      > > referred to in your earlier post.
      > >
      > The same phenomenon can also be seen in Hinduism, the Puranas which
      > Hinduism builds on were written at a later stage than the Vedas. In
      > the latter gods are hardly mentioned, while the former seems to be
      > for the masses who need something to worship.

    • elaine upton
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2000
        Dear CJ,
        To whom are you writing the following? To me on the "christianity and
        anthroposophy thread"?

        >I should perhaps for completeness add that
        >I suspect the division between exoteric/esoteric
        >is dependant on soul experience ("age"), and that
        >those who are exoteric in one lifetime might
        >become esoteric in a future one. Although I suspect
        >that notion would not be any more appealing
        >(despite it being part of Steiner's teachings).
        >
        >If you want to debate it however, emotional
        >judgments are not the way.
        >

        >Regards,
        >CJ

        Frankly, CJ, I have no interest whatsoever in debating or even in discussing
        anything with you, for the way I sense your tone leads me to find no opening
        to relate to you here. And if you consider that a judgement, so be it. But I
        simply speak of my experience in the best light I can.

        Peace,

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • Carl Johansson
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2000
          You have standards for people regarding who is "good",
          "better", "bad" based on Christian values. I have from
          the start not been talking about this, but about consciousness
          and awareness.

          In eastern esotericism, as the soul incarnates through
          the Earth it becomes more in control with each experience.
          How does it experience? Pain and suffering are strong
          experiences. Why does it suffer? Because it has "sinned"
          (acted against the laws of karma) in the past. So increased
          control (and with it awareness, since it can more easily
          make a stand against the lower nature) in certain ways
          seems to run opposite to the Christian concept of
          "goodness". (Of course the incarnating soul is forced
          to repent through karma in subsequent lives.)

          Steiner calls the above process "aging". On a related note,
          he says that the soul can gain skills in one life
          which are transferred to subsequent lives and builds
          on previous skills.

          To me this seems explain the phenomenon of difference in
          awareness, at least to some degree. If everyone was born
          equally aware, there would be no room for someone like
          Steiner for instance. I am myself ready to accept the
          concept that there are people who are more aware spiritually
          than I am, and also some who are less. Regarding "betterness",
          Steiner says that the only criterion for that should be one's
          actions.