Re: sexual magic and gnosis

  • 888
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 1999
      Hi Elaine,

      >When i suggest that
      >some approaches (anthroposophic, in this case) might show an 'anti-body
      >bias' or a racial/cultural/gender bias, you suggest that perhaps the
      >opposite is also
      >true in the practices of some others --ie., an anti-spirit bias.

      These could be viewed as the different tacks of East and West. When yoga
      exercises first appeared in America, their use was soon picked up by
      those who wanted to use them in business- you know, to develop increased
      powers of will and what-not. In India there was the pure ascetic motive
      of embracing the spirit, but in the West we have tended to give our
      attention to the worldly, some using occult exercises to their advantage
      in this way.

      Now as far as the perceived racial/cultural bias in Waldorf ed (which I
      don't view as anthroposophy), firstly the curriculum alone is not
      Waldorf ed. The most important cornerstone is that warm, loving teacher
      which RS says we must go out and look for. I personally don't see
      anything wrong with teaching an African language or African stories.
      Each language has its special character and I'm sure there would be a
      place for the stories in the developmental timeline.
      The problem is finding enough enrolments of those who want this
      particular curriculum.

      There is no doubt that Dr.Steiner delineates differences between men and
      women, their past and their future. Now if there are differences there,
      and in the cultures and races, should we be able to hear about them?
      Should we shoot the messenger? These days it is all too quickly assumed
      that the speaker has a hidden agenda, if differences of race/gender are
      voiced.

      From the beginning -in PoSA - Dr.Steiner made it clear that above all,
      the individual was important beyond their race or sex. But there is a
      war going on between the race identities, between the sexes, apart from
      human beings. This is why we must strive to become conscious more and
      more, of what drives and influences us.

      Fond Regards,
      Bruce