Re: [anthroposophy] Abraham Lincoln as Occultist

  • Danny F.
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2000
      --- elaine upton <elaineupton@...> wrote:

      > Ever seen the book, MADAME BLAVATSKY'S BABOON? It's a book tracing
      > many
      > occult movements. The author makes fun of a lot of occult movements,
      > but is
      > respectful of Steiner, if i remember correctly.

      Hi,

      Yes Elaine that's a good book to read indeed, though at first
      seeing that title made me wonder about the seriousness of how
      the matter would be treated by the author, I've been glad to go
      through, sounded objective to me; this is a book done in the
      fashion of an historian, and nicely alive I'd say. 'Don't
      remember there's much comments and reflexions really from the
      author, this is definetly not a 'critic' of the occult movement.
      Quite nice to read actually, I almost felt being in the psyche of
      Ouspensky while the author was telling his striving.
      I'd recommend it.

      Kindest regards,
      Danny

      =====
      "Anthroposophy does not want to impart knowledge.
      It seeks to awaken life."

      --Rudolf Steiner

      http://mail.yahoo.com/